Yes they are heavy and awkward. As shown on Youtube added some wheels and it made a big difference. I found the lift points on my C4 but don't know if I will have to buy some additional blocks with pinch weld groves in them. I am in the early stages of using the Quickjack and it should work on my 1940 and 1947 Chevs. The Corvette frames are a challenge. Did your friend mention what problems he ran into with the Quickjack? Thanks.

I know this is an old thread but...
I have a set. I did the adding wheels mod (as per Youtube) and they work great. I have just used the blocks that came with them and it was fine.
That being said, I picked up a set of 4 blocks on Amazon with the pinch weld groves for around $22 and used them this weekend on 4 different cars (family day for snow tire swaps) and they worked great.
I'll likely use those next time I lift her up.

I know this is an old thread but...
I have a set. I did the adding wheels mod (as per Youtube) and they work great. I have just used the blocks that came with them and it was fine.
That being said, I picked up a set of 4 blocks on Amazon with the pinch weld groves for around $22 and used them this weekend on 4 different cars (family day for snow tire swaps) and they worked great.
I'll likely use those next time I lift her up.
I've been using hockey pucks on top of the blocks that came with the Quickjack. Seems to work but I couldn't decide on the blocks with grooves as there were too many. Would you send me the link for the one's you got and I will try them out. Thanks..

Surprised to see so many negative comments...I use my QuickJack 5000 with my 1989 Corvette all the time. In fact, I just did a pad slap today using them.

I have a very rough garage floor, so, yes, I understand that they can be a bit of a nuisance to slide into place, especially if you are used to using a traditional hoist. But for an inexpensive DIY home garage, I love it.

I just use the tall blocks that came with the kit.

Cheers!

-Adam

I love my QuickJacks, I cannot recommend them highly enough. Once you've tried them, you will wonder how you ever managed without them lol. I hang mine flat on the wall when not in use, they take up essentially no space. My QuickJacks came with wheels, so pretty easy to roll around. They also come with blocks, that allow you to position them perfectly on the correct pinch welds. The My Corvette Life YouTube channel has an awesome video on where to position the QuickJacks for lifting a C4, check out that for sure.

EC50FB3F-B394-48A1-8AD1-3EA16629AB91.jpg

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_4961.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.