I'm New Here
Sep 20, 2016
Calgary, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007 Z51
Province
AB
I have a 2007 base with the Z51 package and when I got it insured my agent puts in the VIN and it comes back as a Grand Sport. I thought that the Grand Sport came after 2007? Is the Grand Sport the same as a Z51?

I have a 2007 base with the Z51 package and when I got it insured my agent puts in the VIN and it comes back as a Grand Sport. I thought that the Grand Sport came after 2007? Is the Grand Sport the same as a Z51?

The Z51 claim to fame was the performance handling package and possibly the Mag ride option. In 2008 the engine was changed to the LS3 for a 30 hp bump up. The GS in 2010 was the replacement for the Z51 but it was not the same. The GS is a widebody design (fenders) and there was a 4LT trim option as well that I'm not sure was available on earlier models of the C6. Not sure why your Vin comes up as a GS.

Reactions: Canuck204

The Z51 claim to fame was the performance handling package and possibly the Mag ride option. In 2008 the engine was changed to the LS3 for a 30 hp bump up. The GS in 2010 was the replacement for the Z51 but it was not the same. The GS is a widebody design (fenders) and there was a 4LT trim option as well that I'm not sure was available on earlier models of the C6. Not sure why your Vin comes up as a GS.

I have an 08 base with the 4LT option. I recommend avoiding leather dash on any vehicle. Mine started peeling off and now I’m looking at over $1000 CAD to put in a non leather dash. One of the custom auto interior shops I talked to said all brands of cars with leather glued to a dash will eventually peel. When they’re new GM will fix them for up to 5 years/**KM’s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.