Sadie

Casual User
Feb 3, 2019
VetteCoins
Hi,

Which would you buy? 2009 3LT with 42000 miles or a 2013 4LT with 54000 miles. Both are the same price. Not sure what the difference is between a 3LT and a 4LT. Yes these are US cars.

Hi,

Which would you buy? 2009 3LT with 42000 miles or a 2013 4LT with 54000 miles. Both are the same price. Not sure what the difference is between a 3LT and a 4LT. Yes these are US cars.

Definitely the 2013. I would also recommend aving the car gone over thoroughly by a mechanic fmiliar with Corvettes. The price is average for the 2009. The price is hot for the 2013 assuming it hasn't been mistreated. Price is even better if it is a Grand Sport or Z16. 2013 is the 60th anniversary model year as well. Good luck and don't forget to post some pictures for us.

just because one is newer does not mean it is better. Which one do you like better for the color, options, just sitting behind the wheel , are the seats comfortable, do you like the wheels , was it smoked in , animals in it , ? can you get a Car Fax report on each, that will tell the history of the car from new usually . any recent safety inspections done ?

The 2013 is the better car theoretically, but the price is a bit disturbing. Is there a reason for it being cheap? Is it a salvage title? Is he going through a divorce or some other reason that it needs to be liquidated to pay off the remaining loan? Does he have a clear title? Be very cautious when dealing with cross-border purchases. If you get to the border and a US bank has a lien on it, it won't be going across the border until the balance is paid.

Also, you should expect to have an extra $3-5k or so in costs to get over the border when you import it, and then a couple hundred more to get an OOP inspection (which it must pass with full factory specifications), and potentially more if it doesn't pass for some silly reason (like a crack in the windshield or even a reverse light).

Importing a car from the US is not necessarily all that simple. It can be, sure. But it can also be a nightmare. Trust me. lol.

What I liked about shopping for vehicles in America is that if the seller has the title, it's paid for. And the RIV program spells out the process to get it home. There is GST and PST at the border but that's gonna happen anyway if purchased up here at a dealership. The tough part for a private sale can be the recall clearance letter. Have to go to a GM dealership and beg them to print one for you. Most are accommodating. Friends have told me that sometimes Harley Dealers were not. The border crossing I used wants to see the Title and bill of sale faxed to them 48 hours before I show up.

This experience was back when our dollars were about even. With the exchange rate being what it is now, I am not playing this game anymore.

Hi,

Buy a C7 as they are getting less expensive by the day with the ME coming out - great deals on new and used.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
You asked the question 3LT or 4LT if everything is equal then the 4LT is usually top of the line for interior and sometimes extra little items exterior however check out Corvette Museum for details if you can't get them from a dealer, by the way you mentioned US car however is that location USA or Canada with USA imported already?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.