PTTaylor

Casual User
Jul 1, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
2007 C6 Convertible
Recently purchased a front splitter for a 2007 C6 Vert. When speaking with Extreme Online Store (EOS) where the splitter was bought, they said that I would have to remove the rubber air dam/deflectors under the front end of the car to install the splitter. I have read in the past that it is not recommended to remove these because they are needed for a few reasons, one of which is directing air into the engine for some cooling. Now I am rethinking about installing the splitter. Thoughts ?....Am I just over thinking this or is removing the air dam/deflectors a bad idea ?

PTaylor

Recently purchased a front splitter for a 2007 C6 Vert. When speaking with Extreme Online Store (EOS) where the splitter was bought, they said that I would have to remove the rubber air dam/deflectors under the front end of the car to install the splitter. I have read in the past that it is not recommended to remove these because they are needed for a few reasons, one of which is directing air into the engine for some cooling. Now I am rethinking about installing the splitter. Thoughts ?....Am I just over thinking this or is removing the air dam/deflectors a bad idea ?

PTaylor
There are various opinions on this. Many say the dam aids cooling. Many say if you don't drive your car hard it will be fine. Others have only remover the two side wings and that allowed them to install the splitter but still have the center air dam section which sits directly under the rad and will still aid cooling. I would take this route if it was me and watch and see if the car runs any hotter. Can always go back to the stock air dam if it appears problematic. JMO

I was considering one of these but I'm already paranoid around driveways. Did you buy direct or amazon? I have their ZR1 spoiler and was very impressed for the price. Post pics when you get it on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread