I just saw a news show , that says,there is a law in Quebec, that manufacturers cannot increase the price of a signed contract, after it has been agreed to. ! Which means the C8 price, increases, are illegal here. It's a consumers protection law. My dealership has a C8 that is in litigation, right now. I think, I know, now, maybe, this is why Quebec dealership are not getting Vettes. Question, do other provinces have this law? Do you think this is why we aren't getting this car? I know all about GM s contract, that they protect themselves but, they say it's illegal here. No wonder I have been waiting so f en long, if it is the reason.

Dude there is no conspiracy here
You don't get it. It's a law. Dealership has one in litigation. What I want to know is,do other provinces have that law? Quebec gets a lot less of C8s, I know that. I'm trying to figure out, if this is the reason for our extra long wait

I’m sure other provinces have that law, but most manufacturers increase prices with the start of new manufacturing year at which time the dealer cancels the 2022 contract and makes you to agree to reorder 2023 under new contract with new price.

Rare cases if price goes up in the middle of the manufacturing year and you have a signed contract then that law would apply. It happend to me for my 2021 corvette and my original price was honoured.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
You don't get it. It's a law. Dealership has one in litigation. What I want to know is,do other provinces have that law? Quebec gets a lot less of C8s, I know that. I'm trying to figure out, if this is the reason for our extra long wait
I personally think that since historically less corvettes where sold in Québec, we simply get less allocations of C8. My bet is that Ontario was where the most corvettes where sold and therefore now get more C8.

I got my C8 in 8 months from a Québec dealer, you need to know roughly how many allocations a dealer gets and how long is the list, this can give you an idea of the wait time. Now dealers that put a markup in "accessories" will have a shorter list...

My 2 cents, good luck in your journey.

I personally think that since historically less corvettes where sold in Québec, we simply get less allocations of C8. My bet is that Ontario was where the most corvettes where sold and therefore now get more C8.

I got my C8 in 8 months from a Québec dealer, you need to know roughly how many allocations a dealer gets and how long is the list, this can give you an idea of the wait time. Now dealers that put a markup in "accessories" will have a shorter list...

My 2 cents, good luck in your journey.
8 months , from which dealer? My dealer usually sold between 6 and 8 Vettes a year. This year, 2022, has not even gotten one 2022 or his allocation numbers for 2023.
I’m sure other provinces have that law, but most manufacturers increase prices with the start of new manufacturing year at which time the dealer cancels the 2022 contract and makes you to agree to reorder 2023 under new contract with new price.

Rare cases if price goes up in the middle of the manufacturing year and you have a signed contract then that law would apply. It happend to me for my 2021 corvette and my original price was honoured.
Ya I remember that, GM had said , no price increase for 2021 , then turned around and increased it.

8 months , from which dealer? My dealer usually sold between 6 and 8 Vettes a year. This year, 2022, has not even gotten one 2022 or his allocation numbers for 2023.

Ya I remember that, GM had said , no price increase for 2021 , then turned around and increased it.
I got my C8 from Trois-Rivières Chevrolet, they receive between 15-18 every year, I was number 22 on the list when I placed my order and I guess some canceled and I moved up the list quicker.

Reactions: wlgj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.