Nov 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06 A8
Province
BC
Hello!!!! I own a 2019 Z06 and my traction control and stabili-trac wont turn off completely. I turn my car to track double click and turn control knob to race. I launch the car with moderate wheel spin and the management system kicks in heavily reducing throttle. I guess my question is does anyone know if the PTMS has adjustable parameters that GM can tune?

If you want total control with your foot, do not use launch control. Shut off the nannies and hang on. You will have to feather the throttle somewhat or you will get a heck of a lot more than moderate wheel spin but nothing other than the over-rev limiter will reduce your throttle. Some of the more experienced drivers state that they can turn better times without launch control but be careful she doesn't break loose and surprise you as you run through the lower gears. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Guessing you're hitting the max rev limiter. Try shifting before redline... Nothing else should be reducing throttle. Outside chance that traction control is malfunctioning and not shutting off but I've never heard of that happening before... Welcome to the forum by the way.

Hello!!!! I own a 2019 Z06 and my traction control and stabili-trac wont turn off completely. I turn my car to track double click and turn control knob to race. I launch the car with moderate wheel spin and the management system kicks in heavily reducing throttle. I guess my question is does anyone know if the PTMS has adjustable parameters that GM can tune?

Getting it in Track Mode and setting it to Race won't turn everything off completely. Don't press your knob button twice. Hold it down for a couple seconds and then be careful...lol !

Reactions: Martinup10
Getting it in Track Mode and setting it to Race won't turn everything off completely. Don't press your knob button twice. Hold it down for a couple seconds and then be careful...lol !
Thank you i have not heard of this method but will be all over it tonight after work.

So I put the car in track and held the control button for a few seconds but nannies are still on.

Did you have two lights come on in the dash ? If not you didn't hold it long enough or pressed another button than the centre button on the driving modes knob. If you did and the nannies are still on and you're not hitting the cut off mark in the RPM I have no clue what's going on with your car.

Did you have two lights come on in the dash ? If not you didn't hold it long enough or pressed another button than the centre button on the driving modes knob. If you did and the nannies are still on and you're not hitting the cut off mark in the RPM I have no clue what's going on with your car.
So I only had the traction control light come on. I tried a couple of times to attempt to initiate both lights with no succes. I will try again tonight holding the button longer.

Thanks for your input!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.