1sickC6

You're a Regular 2 You're 10
May 6, 2010
Calgary, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 MN6
Well i thought i would post up some of the details of my build to share with you guys. Enjoy!

I've got a 2005 C6 MN6 coupe. The car has approximately 10K on it.

8a36641f-1.jpg

The following is an upgrade list of what is now done to the car.

Bassani Dominator GT-Race cat-back.
SDC10017-1.jpg

SDC10044-1.jpg

ba3b8e7a-2.jpg

Vararam cold air intake (left) and stock air intake (right)
SDC10058.jpg

Stage 2 ported intake and throttle body.
9f1e9973.jpg

24x(int)/25x(exh) dur@50 EG grind roller cam.
979387fb.jpg

SLP underdrive balancer and MSD plug wires.
a5b342ed.jpg

1-7/8" polished stainless steel longtubes & 3"x3" off-road mid-pipe.
44120ad9.jpg

d6adcef1.jpg

My puppy Cooper checkin things out lol.
58c9e085.jpg

Roller rockers, chromemoly pushrods, hi-volume oil pump, ARP head bolts and 160 degree thermostat.
fa502452.jpg

Stunning!!! Positively stunning!!! Please post pics of the finished product and some dyno shots when you can. I love those Trickflows.

Would you mind putting up some $$ numbers as well for those of us considering similar mods? Thanks.

Thanks guys! The thing is simply obnoxious! There is no other word to describe it. lol

I have a small vid of the initial startup but it's kinda crappy and short so i wasn't gonna put it up lol. It doesn't do the sound of the car justice lol.

Don't have the final numbers yet but the baseline was 355whp/359wtq. That was with the Vararam and the Bassani cat-back only...no headers or anything else listed. Should have the final numbers monday or tuesday!

:D

You are going to love those Trickflow heads, they are amazing, you got the "As Cast" version?
There are a few places that can mod the output side to get close to the same hp as the CNC machined units at a fraction of the price.
You should get some very strong numbers with a good tune and depending on your cam size you might need a 850-950 idle rpm.

I'd say (with no other knowledge than word of mouth, research and experience with my 236/238 cam) that he'd probably be set at 950-1000. Sometimes mine kicks down to around 850 when I start it after it's already really hot and the car struggles quit a bit it seems. I'd say that i should prob get my tune looked at a little and tweaked for that and one or 2 other really small issues but that's just my $0.02 :D

Tony increase the rpm a bit to idle at 950rpm and you will be much happier, you will get no bog down when you start to move.
You do not have to worry about feathering the gas between to much rpm and stalling it out, mine is a 950rpm and works like
a charm with a 226/228 cam.

Numbers are in........the thing is an absolute obnoxious bullet! :driving: Loud is an understatement lol. It's downright redonkulous! lol

Baseline with Bassani cat-back and Vararam cold air kit........

356RWHP/359RWTQ

Numbers after mods......

477RWHP/404RWTQ

Torque was expected to be low due to the size of the camshaft but the thing just throws you back in your seat.

Exhaust definitely needs to be changed to something that will quiet down the bark somewhat. Also, FAST102 intake and 102mm throttle body will be the next mod later down the road to bring her up to if not over the 500rwhp mark.

:cool:

Numbers are in........the thing is an absolute obnoxious bullet! :driving: Loud is an understatement lol. It's downright redonkulous! lol

Baseline with Bassani cat-back and Vararam cold air kit........

356RWHP/359RWTQ

Numbers after mods......

477RWHP/404RWTQ

Torque was expected to be low due to the size of the camshaft but the thing just throws you back in your seat.

Exhaust definitely needs to be changed to something that will quiet down the bark somewhat. Also, FAST102 intake and 102mm throttle body will be the next mod later down the road to bring her up to if not over the 500rwhp mark.

:cool:

Sick numbers Carlo! Now are you going to throw down some other numbers for those if us who may wish to follow in "some" of your steps?

Who did your work?

On an additional note... maybe someone can help me understand why people claim to have "lost" low rpm torque with the larger cams. Fact of the matter is that even my 236/238 cam is "considered" to be on the larger side of a street cam (nothing like a 24x/25x :rofl:) and i did a whole bunch of research about people claiming to loose low rpm torque...

Fact of the matter is that I make the same torque with the NEW cam @ 3k RPM that I used to make @ 4k and more of it regardless!! So really, how am I misintepreting this analogy??? Even 404 RWT with this crazy a cam is 60 RWT higher than stock and I'm sure that it comes on sooner than stock too!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread