Aug 25, 2011
Kootenays SE British Columbia
VetteCoins
Car
1984 Z51
I bought a 85 black Vette on eBay a while back and have done some eBay mods. It's an eBay Vette some I will stick with eBay parts, everybody knows eBay has the best stuff.

eBay Vette $4300
eBay tune up kit plugs, wires, cap & rotor
eBay Hypertech chip
eBay air foil
eBay air pump delete pulley
eBay valve covers
eBay black powder coated TPI
eBay k&n
eBay coolant delete on throttle body
eBay air temp relocated to air cleaner box
eBay wheels American racing touque thrust
eBay catylitic delete test pipe
eBay catback ZR-1 B&B mufflers
eBay side vent metal grilles
eBay carpet, seats
eBay aluminum power steering pulley
eBay underdrive pulleys
eBay rear gears 3.54
eBay shifter boot
eBay dash bulbs
eBay dash cover
eBay red calliper paint
eBay rear hatch wing
eBay targa top
eBay brake pads
eBay low temp thermostat
eBay manual fan switch

Adding a eBay SLP cold air induction soon.

Anything else I should add to make it look better or go faster?

It's not about disrespecting the tpi engine, it's just that the LS's are the latest engine platform and as stated, make a lot of power. Before the LS's, it was the LT1 (no one could afford an LT5 and good luck finding an LT4 for a swap). However, with that said, once they become affordable and more available, people will be suggesting doing LT swaps again! :D

Can't anybody respect a classic TPI engine bay? I hate the look of the LS engine but like the power.

You hate the look of an LS? Why? You can dress it up to look however you please!

A classic L98 looks nice with it's long runners and no silly plastic engine covers, but my station wagon's V6 makes more power with half the displacement.

This is my SUV's LS2.
TBSS_new_LS2.jpg IMG_1467.jpg

Seems like lowering or lifting makes the ride suck. I will leave it.

If we are talking lowering it via ebay kits, (rear, longer bolts, front wedges/cutting brackets) I don't see this being a huge impact unless you're really flying over big bumps and need every bit of travel (stock wheel clearance is like 4x4 status). Front you're reducing the gap from spring mount to chassis, and rear you can change the the mount to chassis as well plus the longer bolts change the point of wheel travel on the current spring rate.
Really you just need alignment to main
Seems like lowering or lifting makes the ride suck. I will leave it.

Lowering
I don't understand why lowering would make the ride suck? or at least to what extent we are talking?
Traditional ebay methods change mount to chassis on both front and rear and alter the point of wheel travel respective the static load on the spring. Really just getting an alignment should sort out the changes made by lowering. Provided you don't go excessively low you shouldn't be bouncing off the bump stops as you really didn't make any changes to spring rates to reduce the amount of travel.

Shocks
I purchased the KYB shocks off rock auto which made an improvement over the Monroe ones previously on the car but really not that great IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread