Sep 9, 2019
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
Hey Folks,

Now that I have been seeing all the great news on your TPWs and Event Status I am happy for you folks.

I had posted this in another thread but I thought I would post it again in-case any of you C8 owners want to see what it would cost or have one put together for your build.

Info on how to get a Production Book of your build

Cheers,

Kevin

Reactions: ABC and Rebby
I agree that it is a cool keepsake. Was interested until I saw the price at $700.00 usd. Personally I would bite at maybe 400.00-500.00. Not sure I see 1,000.00 Canadian in value. I have time to think about it. Maybe I will change my mind.
WOW I did not think it would be that much HOLY COW....well some pay 6K to pick a VIN so I guess why not hahahahahah

Reactions: ABC
WOW I did not think it would be that much HOLY COW....well some pay 6K to pick a VIN so I guess why not hahahahahah
Yeh I was taken aback at the price too. I love the museum trips we have made and I would have loved to do a Museum pick up but according to Eric it is not available to Canadians at this time. Oh well. The trap is the old it's only a grand. You are already in for 100K what's another. but the others keep adding up. I figure I still will have to invest in the film protection for the paint, maybe a set of all seasons to swap out for early spring and fall driving...and the list goes on. Wife will only have so much patience. hahaha.

Yeh I was taken aback at the price too. I love the museum trips we have made and I would have loved to do a Museum pick up but according to Eric it is not available to Canadians at this time. Oh well. The trap is the old it's only a grand. You are already in for 100K what's another. but the others keep adding up. I figure I still will have to invest in the film protection for the paint, maybe a set of all seasons to swap out for early spring and fall driving...and the list goes on. Wife will only have so much patience. hahaha.
See if you know someone in your area who is getting a NON-Z51 and if they would want to trade tires with you, I will be doing this with Gilles as he will be tracking his rig.

Yes the oh well its only 250 500 1000 what does it matter hahahaha well you are completely correct it does add up very fast.

I will be doing a combo of PPF and wrap on mine once she gets well picked up by GM and I get a TPW and then she gets here sometime this summer I am thinking.

Cheers,
Kevin

Reactions: ABC
I agree that it is a cool keepsake. Was interested until I saw the price at $700.00 usd. Personally I would bite at maybe 400.00-500.00. Not sure I see 1,000.00 Canadian in value. I have time to think about it. Maybe I will change my mind.
If I knew it was available when I ordered my 2015 I would have ordered it forsure. How many brand new Corvette's am I going to order in my lifetime I would ask myself. It's only money and you can go to work tomorrow and make more. You can never get back the cool photos and memories you will loose otherwise. JMHO

fx.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: OttawaKev
If I knew it was available when I ordered my 2015 I would have ordered it forsure. How many brand new Corvette's am I going to order in my lifetime I would ask myself. It's only money and you can go to work tomorrow and make more. You can never get back the cool photos and memories you will loose otherwise. JMHO

I already worked a lot to get the car. Haha. Memories driving it I hope, will be as rewarding. I get your point but again, you have to prioritize the costs. I have cases of videos from taken while raising our kids. Can’t say we have sat around to watch them much. I know they are there and one day. I think the book will be a novelty that after the first year then sits on a shelf collecting dust. I still have time to reconsider. I just think $500 would have been a better price.

Reactions: OttawaKev
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.