The big news from GM for the 2021 ordering year was the fact that you can get MRC without ordering the Z51 pkg. When if fact, it should have been that you could order the rearview camera on the 1LT Coupe. Once again showing GM putting the almighty dollar over safety. I guess the bells and whistles to make more profit is way more important than the lives of its customers. This clearly shows where their priorities lie. I have phoned the head office in the USA for GM and not as even as a reply back concerning this issue. Just another example of why the US is in the shape it is in today!

• Winner
Reactions: COP8 and kevindesj
please explain in a little more detail

I would also do some legwork if that is indeed the case but most of us who have not followed the
ordering process do not fully understand the issue here

as one who is infuriated over the deaths over cost per death or fix the problem issues for safety can truly say I would help
fix the problem

as one who has helped sue dealerships I welcome the challenge

• Clever
Reactions: COP8 and ddgermann
just saying its a safety feature that should be offered on all levels as a stand alone option or just add the value to the car from the start... i only want the 1lt and would love to be able to have that feature without buying all the other things
Order the 1LT HTC, the camera mirror comes standard.

This is the way all big business operates. Its the bottom line and profits that come first.
I wouldn't say the rear view camera is a safety concern though. Sure its nice to have, but it is NOT mandated by law like the backup camera is now. If you look at Ferrari's, Lambo's and McLaren's... non of them come with a rearview camera or an option to get one. This is something all midengine cars suffer from, poor visibility.

• Informative
Reactions: ABC and ddgermann
Why is a rearview mirror camera so important? What do you need to see behind you that you can't see through an 18-inch by 6-inch hole?
Eric I have a 1LT, rearview mirror is adequate for daytime use but night is brutal all I see is the glare on the rear window that shows my 2 front driver screens.

The big news from GM for the 2021 ordering year was the fact that you can get MRC without ordering the Z51 pkg. When if fact, it should have been that you could order the rearview camera on the 1LT Coupe. Once again showing GM putting the almighty dollar over safety. I guess the bells and whistles to make more profit is way more important than the lives of its customers. This clearly shows where their priorities lie. I have phoned the head office in the USA for GM and not as even as a reply back concerning this issue. Just another example of why the US is in the shape it is in today!
Easy, order the 2LT pkg. to get the complete menu of options which includes the cameras. GM is in the business of making money for the shareholders. It is great that you can order the MRC as a separate option.

Reactions: Dik
Don't want a convertable as they have major side vision issues also
Vert - 2LT - BSR - yes? I have a vert now and it is very easy to check the BS. I can see with the C8 it might be hard to check without BSR which along with cross-over traffic warning are part of the 2LT pkg - another reason to order the 2LT Pkg. I believe I am correct? I am sure I will be corrected, if wrong. I love the looks of the C8 vert with the top down!! - keep trunk space as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.