Oct 29, 2014
montreal
VetteCoins
Car
2015 z51 on order
Hi everyone, first I want to say what a great site this is, full of great information.
I ordered a Z51 on February 11 of this year, because of an obvious lack of inventory for us Canadians I was told in June that my order would have to become a 2015 order. That was fine with me ( really wanted the A8 trans)
my dealer calls me last week saying the allocation was picked up by GM and that the build date for my car would be this week - however pricing was up....way up, almost 9% over the 2014 model.
Is / was anyone else in this situation? is anyone price protected?
thanks,arnaldo

Hi everyone, first I want to say what a great site this is, full of great information.
I ordered a Z51 on February 11 of this year, because of an obvious lack of inventory for us Canadians I was told in June that my order would have to become a 2015 order. That was fine with me ( really wanted the A8 trans)
my dealer calls me last week saying the allocation was picked up by GM and that the build date for my car would be this week - however pricing was up....way up, almost 9% over the 2014 model.
thanks,arnaldo

I have had it brought to my attention that our sponsoring dealer has a list of all orders eligible for price protection, perhaps he could assist you with this issue...

I ordered my 2015 z51 in March and received it in Sept. The final bill was up about 8%. I knew the 2014's were sold out and the 2015's would have a price increase, just didn't know how much. I had the dealer write that the agreement was subject to me accepting the new price, otherwise I would get my deposit back. Since I wanted the car I really didn't have a choice. I did receive a $1,500 credit that I printed off from the GM Canada web site. This made things a little more palateable. Again, supply and demand. GM has kept the price reasonable (for now) given that this car is awesome and the demand is high.

I ordered my 2015 z51 in March and received it in Sept. The final bill was up about 8%. I knew the 2014's were sold out and the 2015's would have a price increase, just didn't know how much. I had the dealer write that the agreement was subject to me accepting the new price, otherwise I would get my deposit back. Since I wanted the car I really didn't have a choice. I did receive a $1,500 credit that I printed off from the GM Canada web site. This made things a little more palateable. Again, supply and demand. GM has kept the price reasonable (for now) given that this car is awesome and the demand is high.

However, if you had ordered a 2014 instead of a 2015 at that time, as the OP did, you should have received a price break on the 2015 from GM Canada as well. No way for you or your dealer to have known to do that, of course, and as you knew you couldn't get a 2014, there didn't seem much point, no doubt, but this is a good lesson for customers and dealers both. Place the current order into the system as soon as you get it. This protects from price increases during the model year, and sometimes gets you other benefits, like this...

Where exactly did you find the $1,500.00 credit?

The dealer did quote me 2014 prices, but when it came to sign the contract they did tell me they don't have the 2015 prices so it was up to me if I wanted the 2015 with the unknown price increase. Only way I could protect myself from the unknown was to insert the take it or leave it clause.

Hello Forum Mates,

The Price Protection towards 2015 C7's for customers who had an order for a 2014 C7 in the GM OrderBench is as follows:

2015 CORVETTE Price Protection

2dr Coupe - $2,237.00
2dr Coupe Z51 - $1,430.00
2dr Convertible - $2,133.00
2dr Convertible Z51 - $1,322.00

The amount is fixed regardless of the actual price increase.

To be eligible for this Price Protection your dealer must have submitted your factory order (as a sold unit with your name) to the GM Order Bench. If the dealer simply took your deposit and was waiting for an allocation to come up and then submit the order then unfortunately you would be ineligible for this discount. Or if they submitted your order to GM but tagged it as a retail unit instead of a SOLD unit then also it would make your order ineligible for this Price Protection discount from GM Canada.

You also must submit your 2015 Factory Order from the same dealership. If you decide to change your dealerships then you would also lose the Price Protection discount.

There are close to 300 orders across Canada that are eligible for this Price Protection discount towards 2015 C7's.

Unfortunately I am unable to verify if your particular order will be eligible for Price Protection discount. Its best to contact your dealer directly or contact GM Canada with your 2014 Order number to confirm eligibility.

I hope this answers all questions on the subject.

Best Regards,

:coolgleam:Owais, great clarification.. Sorry, I was told that you had a list of those orders for each dealer, and seemed willing to provide that information privately...

Last edited:
thanks,arnaldo

Were you able to get any resolution to your situation?

I ordered a 2014 in September of 2013 and my dealer did not come through with that order (nobody has given me an explanation) had to order a 2015 in the summer (and change colours as Cyber Grey was discontinued) they gave me only hours to decide, with no price announced yet. When the 2015 was built the price was approx. $8,000 higher than expected... I received only the $1430 PP that GM Canada offer. Saleman said he would get me some help on price from the dealership but Sales manager and General manager said no, take it or leave it.

I wrote a thread about my dealer experience on this forum.

I ordered a 2014 in September of 2013 and my dealer did not come through with that order (nobody has given me an explanation) had to order a 2015 in the summer (and change colours as Cyber Grey was discontinued) they gave me only hours to decide, with no price announced yet. When the 2015 was built the price was approx. $8,000 higher than expected... I received only the $1430 PP that GM Canada offer. Saleman said he would get me some help on price from the dealership but Sales manager and General manager said no, take it or leave it.

I wrote a thread about my dealer experience on this forum.

I read it. Very disappointing to be treated like that. As I've written before, the car is a hot commodity. If you don't buy it someone else will and the dealers know this. Too bad they treated you the way they did. My dealer scratched my 2015 and I wrote to the owner. They immediately looked after it. Forget the managers. contact the owner and go through what happened. He/she may simply defend the employees or actually do something in your favour. I wouldn't go back though unless they treated you like royalty.

1430.00$ is better than nothing ( formula80)....I didn't get anywhere with GM Canada or my dealer. I ordered a 2014 Z51 on Feb 11th...then around May - June my dealer said the order would have to be changed to a 2015 for lack of inventory. so I went in to the dealer 2 weeks ago to re price my contract and he said they couldn't do anything for price protection , that I should take it up with GM...I called them and they said that I was not eligible?! Didn't give me a reason....lady who was assisting me at GM customer service was really not helpful at all. She simply said that they looked into the matter and even though I had a car on order since feb 11 2014 I did not qualify for pp. I love the new vette and I cant wait to get it, but ill say this; the customer service is terrible.
I too was told on Friday of last week that the body colored roof was on constraint...I opted for the clear roof. As of yesterday morning I still did not have a TPW....gonna call again today...

I am very sorry to hear that this did not work out, not sure why that would be the case, given the information that you had... Puzzling...

1430.00$ is better than nothing ( formula80)....I didn't get anywhere with GM Canada or my dealer. I ordered a 2014 Z51 on Feb 11th...then around May - June my dealer said the order would have to be changed to a 2015 for lack of inventory. so I went in to the dealer 2 weeks ago to re price my contract and he said they couldn't do anything for price protection , that I should take it up with GM...I called them and they said that I was not eligible?! Didn't give me a reason....lady who was assisting me at GM customer service was really not helpful at all. She simply said that they looked into the matter and even though I had a car on order since feb 11 2014 I did not qualify for pp. I love the new vette and I cant wait to get it, but ill say this; the customer service is terrible.
I too was told on Friday of last week that the body colored roof was on constraint...I opted for the clear roof. As of yesterday morning I still did not have a TPW....gonna call again today...

Do you have a copy of your order? You should. On that order, if it says "sold retail order" (or something like that) It's my understanding that you should have price protection. But, if it says "dealer stock" (or something to that effect), then you don't have protection. The dealer should have ordered it in your name not in theirs to get PP. The $1430 is some help but seems like a drop in bucket compared to all the increases added from an early 2014 order to a 2015 (especially if it is a Z51 order).

I am in exactly the same situation - a week later and still no TPW despite being told I would have one this week. I opted for the clear roof when my painted roof became unavailable just so I could get a 2015 C7 - and I get to cough up another grand for the roof too. At least the Z51 package is not on constraint at the moment.
:swear:

I am in exactly the same situation - a week later and still no TPW despite being told I would have one this week. I opted for the clear roof when my painted roof became unavailable just so I could get a 2015 C7 - and I get to cough up another grand for the roof too. At least the Z51 package is not on constraint at the moment.
:swear:

Z51 is always on constraint, limited to 50% of allotments for Canada...

Do you have a copy of your order? You should. On that order, if it says "sold retail order" (or something like that) It's my understanding that you should have price protection. But, if it says "dealer stock" (or something to that effect), then you don't have protection. The dealer should have ordered it in your name not in theirs to get PP. The $1430 is some help but seems like a drop in bucket compared to all the increases added from an early 2014 order to a 2015 (especially if it is a Z51 order).

His order was on the list, I think, which is why I am puzzled as to GM's answer, unless the car was ordered in a different name???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.