Why is it crazy???? I don't know all the options of that 2021 autotrader car but for fun I built a full load 2022 HTC and put every option I could possibly think of (I might miss a few things) and the car came out to $137,400 before adding all the government crap.

Obviously most cases no one will be buying the car I built for that price so the 2021 car for $140k isn't too far out of line. Basically pay the price to get it now or wait a few years and maybe prices *may* be back to normal (or when the C8 Z06 finally debuts).

Gotta pay to play as they say.......................

If you build this particular car with the options listed it comes out to $98,558. That's for a brand new 2023. No Z51. No performance exhaust. No GT2 seats. I'm sorry but a $43k markup for this car is just plain greed in my opinion. Still, I suppose there are people who don't mind paying to play, as the previous poster mentioned.

Yep, welcome to a mix of a really hot "in demand" car, low inventory, long wait times etc etc....................so this dealer is adding their "market adjustment* value to the MSRP price of this autotrader car.

This dealer is in Winnipeg I believe??? I guess in Manitoba there are no laws re: tacking on amounts to prices of cars for sale. There is a law in Ontario that car dealers have to sell vehicles with "all in pricing" but doesn't say anything about having to sell for MSRP + all charges and fees so they can add whatever amount they want ALA it's advertised as the whole amount (before HST).

Ok I just took a closer look at that link on AT on that 2021 car and I see that it has 57XXkms on it so it's a used car.............................ok the price they want for that car is whacked then for a C8 Stingray. You could always try to negotiate and see if the dealer will budge on that inflated amount.

Then again I have 8500kms on my C7 ZR1 and look at the prices for those (and there are a lot less of them available FS).

Last month I "traded" my 2021 1LT Z51 at Spencers. Paid exactly 90 all-in new...could not resist a cheque for $118 and a future 2LT HTC with no tax. I don't care about the wait. I am quite confident we are heading towards a nasty recession so was glad to get the $$.
that's awesome man, $28,000 profit. Did you buy your car at Spencers or did you buy it somewhere else and traded it in to Spencers? remember that Trade in tax savings expires after 12 months as of the trade in date.

that's awesome man, $28,000 profit. Did you buy your car at Spencers or did you buy it somewhere else and traded it in to Spencers? remember that Trade in tax savings expires after 12 months as of the trade in date.
Originally bought it at Larry Hudson when a customer cancelled.

I was unaware there was an expiration date on an early trade. When I traded my C7 Grand Sport for a 2022 C8 I handed the car over 6 months before I received the new car so not a problem. I was recently talking to somebody who was at the top of one of the dealers wait lists for a ZO6 and they had handed over their 2020 C8 as a trade a year ago as an early trade for a premium price. They were clearly expecting the trade to still be valid for Ontario HST reduction on the new car when it arrives (which will be much more than one year after the trade hand over). I was also told by the dealer there was no deadline on the time between handing over my trade and receiving the new vehicle. I had asked because I was concerned about the new car arriving in the calendar year after the trade was handed over and did not know how they did the bookkeeping for this. Has anybody seen this issue documented anywhere?

Reactions: Paul Collings
Hi Denis, Is there an official document from the Government stating the early trade in tax rebate is only good for a year or is it just some dealers saying it's only valid for 1 year. I sure would be interested as have been on a waitlist for a year this month.

Hi Denis, Is there an official document from the Government stating the early trade in tax rebate is only good for a year or is it just some dealers saying it's only valid for 1 year. I sure would be interested as have been on a waitlist for a year this month.
It’s what I and many others have been told by many different dealers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.