Featured Thread
Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
While my baby Bluray will be hibernating at the end of the month until April. I have my little project to keep my busy. Building Mini-Bluray. My 1/18 scale Maisto Model will be completely painted to match my spec car. Having stripped the car down to bare parts, I am quite amazed at the level of detail in this thing. Stay tuned for finished shots when complete.
IMG_4433.JPG

Do you take requests? Can you convert a coupe into a convertible and get rid of the Z51 styling? :)

On another note, any progress creating the C8 visor covers? Do you have one for a convertible or need the dimensions and photos for what's on the convertible?
I’ll see how this goes and let you know. May be able to do a conversion. My son has a 3D printer if we can load a model.

This project is not for the faint of heart. Model was 19.99 at costco. The various paints, stripper, primer, brushes, I am already over $100.00. They sure don't make stripper like they use to. This is a painful process. Doors are done but this body will take some time. So to answer the question on requests, no. I am not sure I will even finish this one.
IMG_4444.JPG

IMG_4445.JPG

Reactions: Gilles27
Why did you even try? Why not just rough it up and paint over it?
Excellent point. I wanted to strip it down because the details in the casting were already being lost due to the existing primer and colour. I did not want to loose the detail of the gas cap and rear camera details. In hind sight, you are correct should have just spray bombed the damn thing as is. I am neck deep in it now. haha. I did say it was a winter long project. haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
I was not thinking big enough. Needed to wait for this baby to hit the shelves. I hope Santa is good to me this year! gave wife the isle location at Canadian Tire.

I have that. Bought it from Walmart.
Cool it has an app you can download and it displays stuff it's doing on your phone. Steering, lights etc. No camera or anything.

Reactions: ABC
I have that. Bought it from Walmart.
Cool it has an app you can download and it displays stuff it's doing on your phone. Steering, lights etc. No camera or anything.
Looks like it would be an easier paint job given the much larger parts. May be my next attempt if I get one for Christmas. wife mumbled something like my birthday and christmas list have been filled for years out with the delivery of the real one! haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
Looks like it would be an easier paint job given the much larger parts. May be my next attempt if I get one for Christmas. wife mumbled something like my birthday and christmas list have been filled for years out with the delivery of the real one! haha.
The real one was supposed to arrive earlier and be our 45th Anniversary present to each other. Not that we ever celebrate those, but it was a good excuse to buy one! ;)

Reactions: ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread