xviper

Casual User
Dec 20, 2014
ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 Z51
well I bought my C7 Premiere Edition in the end of December..the problem is it didn't have a lot of the extras that the car was suppose to have..the interior stingray mats, for the front, and rear, no stingray wheel caps, no stingray kick plates,and the five piece luggage set that the car comes with ..I got three pieces.
But the worst is the numbered sequence badge on the dash isn't there either..
the car has 4800km, its by all means mint, when I was buying it I made it known I wanted theses missing items,
and when I got the car to storage I noticed a cut on the side wall of the front tire,took pictures of it like I was asked to from manager of dealership,he said he would look into it,how much looking into it should he have to do,i paid $399 for a tire warranty,
on my bill of sale I was charged almost $14,000 for the premiere edition package..last week I got a email saying the floor mats are in...and wheel caps
I asked what sequence number this car is..he couldn't tell me..i love the car, but I want what I paid for..he did say he hasn't heard back from Gm about the badge..in total I will be paying almost $90,000 for something that's suppose to be a premiere edition..but right now it isn't.

Hey xviper! The serial number should be able to let you know if it's a Premiere Edition or not as according to Corvette Blogger, "They will be identified by their VIN numbers, which will start at 300001"

Quite surprising how many pieces are missing. Best of luck getting this resolved.

A very quick remedy is to tell the dealer you are going to contact OMVIC, you are protected under the Consumer Protection Act. A dealer takes that very seriously. The folks at OMVIC can be down right nasty

yes I did do some checking and the serial number is 300003..number three of 500, I just want everything it is suppose have after spending the money I have.I don't feel like telling the story of the missing things everytime iam showing the car..plus its a collector car.

the premiere edition could not be ordered, they where given out to the highest selling corvette dealers, they were the first c7s in the show rooms of dealerships. and then the dealerships sold them usually after management drove them.so aside from the dealership iam the first registered owner of the car. I was charged the $1700. freight fee just like you would be today taking delivery of a new 2015.

Premiere Editions were not the first Vette's on the lot. My dealership got a Premier Edition probably 3 months after they got their first C7. I think it was there 3rd or 4th C7 to arrive out of 7. I got offered the car as mine wasn't built yet, but didn't want it. I can assure you though, no one demo'd or test drove that, nor any other C7 my dealership received.

The premiere edition were the blue 2014s and those were the first c7 on the lot, for MOST dealers.

If I understand correctly:
The car in this thread is a 2014 with a ton of demo miles on it.
You only bought it a few months ago.
It is almost 2 years old, so somebody changed out parts.
You did NOT buy a new car, nor did you pay $14k for the option package, since you paid a used car price.
The $14K was the option package price for a NEW car at order time.
A demo = used car, irrespective of whether it was ever titled or not.
Dealer will make things right as per your agreed to addendum of missing parts forming your purchase agreement.

Correct?

Last edited:
this is how my bill of sale is written up
basic vehicle price $56520
Stingray Z51 Premier Edition $13730
Preferred group $8455
total vehicle price $78705
discount $5717
total sale price $72987.80
freight $1700
warranty $3295
Tire stewardship $29.20
adim fee $634.
sec reg 1yr tire warranty $399
sub total $79045
tax $10275.85
licence fee $20
Gas $50
balance due $89390.85

this is how my bill of sale is written up
basic vehicle price $56520
Stingray Z51 Premier Edition $13730
Preferred group $8455
total vehicle price $78705
discount $5717
total sale price $72987.80
freight $1700
warranty $3295
Tire stewardship $29.20
adim fee $634.
sec reg 1yr tire warranty $399
sub total $79045
tax $10275.85
licence fee $20
Gas $50
balance due $89390.85

Yikes your dealer seems a bit greedy, my dealer admin fees are $499.00 and it includes 3 year tire warranty for that price, (which will negotiated out of my purchase price) and what sort of warranty did you get for $3295.00? He should have at least given you a break on that. They actually charged you $50.00 for gas...............

Gorgeous Vette choice by the way... you're very lucky to own a limited production Corvette with a low VIN # I really like the wheel choice they put on that car.

Yikes your dealer seems a bit greedy, my dealer admin fees are $499.00 and it includes 3 year tire warranty for that price, (which will negotiated out of my purchase price) and what sort of warranty did you get for $3295.00? He should have at least given you a break on that. They actually charged you $50.00 for gas...............

Yeah sounds like a pretty cheap dealership. Can't believe they charged him for gas even. And my dealership fees were $50. Didn't get a tire warranty with that though.

Sorry I just spoke to my salesman and the admin fee on Corvettes doesn't include any tire warranty. Any other vehicle you buy, then yes... he was shocked they charged for gas, oh well regardless still a beautiful car

The $5717 reflects the "used car " discount, I believe from looking at your numbers Xviper.

Anyway, you got a great car, with a better transmission than in the 2015s if it is auto.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.