Vinney

I'm New Here
Sep 17, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
C7/z06m
Province
ON
Here goes, 07/25/19 put a deposit down for a c8/z06 at premier Chevy in Windsor, previously known as Dan Kane that has been around for decades, contract signed buy salesmen, myself, and general manager states that I as #1 in line. salesmen #1 was let go within a year ( hard feelings for sure ) on his departure, got an other salesmen. Salesmen #2 and I have had many conversations while servicing my corvette there and phone calls and at no time was I not first in line, he commented a few times this summer things were starting to stir and maybe get my car in the fall. Wait for IT, salesmen #2 was let go, so now the title is SEX, LIES, and G.M.
called to inform new salesmen that I heard G.M. Was accepting build sheet orders to get ahead of the mayhem from influencers in the podcasts in the states. Call started like this, me - I would like to know If allocations have been awarded for z06 him- we are full and not accepting any deposits, me- I have a deposit down and #1 in line then he says my manager will call you right back, 2 1/2 later i call back ( he didn’t give name ) and says im #6 in line and states it may look like shenanigans is going on but 5 guys came in together in 2017 and put deposits down for c8/z06s
called the gm Jordan smith next day and left message to call me never did, called hours later, he agreed things look funny, but he has their contracts right in front of him I ask if has deposits slips and read me the dates on the slips nothing but silence. Called tom Mayhew owner explained what’s going on at his dealership and he says let me talk Jordan smith and I’ll get back to you, to his credit he’s the only one to call me back, when he did he says the paper work wording was wrong and I’ll be happy to know that I’m #5 LOL. There is much more to say I only gave the best highlights.
on August 8 I called G.M.s world renown customer service, 6 phone calls, and emails and texts not one response from the great customer service agents who are to respond within 48/72 hours, there is more but you get the idea.
contacted a lawyer and the short of it was don’t throw good money after bad there’s more but you get it
Man did I get screwed not even a kiss, told you there was sex. Sorry for the longgggggg rant.
C8E35B5E-AD22-470F-B039-62243A33A31F.jpeg

that sucks but you should still stay on their list and get #5 z06 that they will get as all other dealers have 3-5 year long lists

did your dealer get any z06 allocations so far? how many do they expect per year?
I’ve been fighting since July I’m tired, got deposit back on the 15th and I don’t think they got any allocations, it’s a small town dealership doubt they will get more then one anyway

I'm I reading your paperwork correctly: someone crossed out your MSRP pricing and it's now "whatever we want to charge the customer"? And even though the document you've provided states you're #1 on their list...you were demoted to #6...then #5???

How do they argue with the #1 notation on this paperwork? Plus I assume you can prove when you made your deposit?

Sorry to hear all this...

So are you giving up on the C8 Zo6 or getting on a list somewhere else
I’m done, I’ll enjoy my corvette going forward, list are over run now , I thought premire was legit, in hindsight back 2019 I should have got on as many lists as possible, and knowing most dealerships are frauds maybe 1 would have come thru. I wish you the best of luck in you’re pursuit if you are a list

I'm I reading your paperwork correctly: someone crossed out your MSRP pricing and it's now "whatever we want to charge the customer"? And even though the document you've provided states you're #1 on their list...you were demoted to #6...then #5???

How do they argue with the #1 notation on this paperwork? Plus I assume you can prove when you made your deposit?

Sorry to hear all this...
Yes when placing my deposit I asked the msrp pricing to be included because in the states the influencers were already saying 50 grand over, the gm who I think is there now had it deleted and initialed by myself and salesman, and proof is on deposit slip because I used a card, date was stamped on paper along with deposit. Im a nobody from nowhere, dealerships don’t care or have integrity unless you’re somebody who will gladly do what ever it takes. Good luck to you if on a list for one

Yes when placing my deposit I asked the msrp pricing to be included because in the states the influencers were already saying 50 grand over, the gm who I think is there now had it deleted and initialed by myself and salesman, and proof is on deposit slip because I used a card, date was stamped on paper along with deposit. Im a nobody from nowhere, dealerships don’t care or have integrity unless you’re somebody who will gladly do what ever it takes. Good luck to you if on a list for one
I'm really sorry for you, but there are at least a few that are honest. Spencers, Brian Cullen and Wilson-Niblett to name a few. They only sell at MSRP and maintain a dealer list and not a salesman list.

Last edited:
Sad testimonial with a 5,500 membership and only three dealerships stand tall above the rest. Kudos to those three. Unfortunate for the rest of us that they are all in Ontario. Also unfortunate that GM doesn't care for those of you that have been shafted by other not so considerate of their customers dealers. But that is typical. You are but a speck of fly $hit to GM and most dealers. They care little, especially with high demand vehicles as they know there is another buyer chomping at the bit to buy these cars. Even if GM cared, unfortunately they have little, if any control over what the owner dealerships do. I feel for the members here that have been shafted along the way but take it as a lesson learned.

Here goes, 07/25/19 put a deposit down for a c8/z06 at premier Chevy in Windsor, previously known as Dan Kane that has been around for decades, contract signed buy salesmen, myself, and general manager states that I as #1 in line. salesmen #1 was let go within a year ( hard feelings for sure ) on his departure, got an other salesmen. Salesmen #2 and I have had many conversations while servicing my corvette there and phone calls and at no time was I not first in line, he commented a few times this summer things were starting to stir and maybe get my car in the fall. Wait for IT, salesmen #2 was let go, so now the title is SEX, LIES, and G.M.
called to inform new salesmen that I heard G.M. Was accepting build sheet orders to get ahead of the mayhem from influencers in the podcasts in the states. Call started like this, me - I would like to know If allocations have been awarded for z06 him- we are full and not accepting any deposits, me- I have a deposit down and #1 in line then he says my manager will call you right back, 2 1/2 later i call back ( he didn’t give name ) and says im #6 in line and states it may look like shenanigans is going on but 5 guys came in together in 2017 and put deposits down for c8/z06s
called the gm Jordan smith next day and left message to call me never did, called hours later, he agreed things look funny, but he has their contracts right in front of him I ask if has deposits slips and read me the dates on the slips nothing but silence. Called tom Mayhew owner explained what’s going on at his dealership and he says let me talk Jordan smith and I’ll get back to you, to his credit he’s the only one to call me back, when he did he says the paper work wording was wrong and I’ll be happy to know that I’m #5 LOL. There is much more to say I only gave the best highlights.
on August 8 I called G.M.s world renown customer service, 6 phone calls, and emails and texts not one response from the great customer service agents who are to respond within 48/72 hours, there is more but you get the idea.
contacted a lawyer and the short of it was don’t throw good money after bad there’s more but you get it
Man did I get screwed not even a kiss, told you there was sex. Sorry for the longgggggg rant.View attachment 100939

Looks like your contract was for a 2020 or 2021 Z06. Those production years have passed. Contract null and void...

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
OK Jack, I'll bite.

Not that this matters, since the OP looks to be walking away from this...

-this isn't an agreement concerning land, so you don't need all terms to be in writing to have an enforceable contract
-in other words, the document saying 2020 or 2021 isn't critical. It makes sense when the "agreement" was entered into, that no one knew the exact year the C8 Z06 would be available which is common sense and highly understandable and the OP testifying to that effect would be sufficient proof of same, so 2023 would be substituted as the year
-but there are more fundamental problems: the dealership could say the "agreement" was merely "an agreement to agree" to sell a vehicle, once more information was available about the vehicle itself. A contract has "3 P's": Parties, Property and Price. So when getting on a dealer list, the price at that point for the vehicle is unknown. The OP will argue that he agreed to pay MSRP, so the price WAS established. The dealer will argue that the OP (for example) didn't leave a non-refundable deposit...saying he would proceed with the sale regardless of the MSRP (once known) and as such, there wasn't a 100% commitment on the part of the OP to buy the vehicle and the OP could have walked if he found the price too much. As such, they'd argue that this isn't an enforceable contract, but rather "an agreement to agree" regardless of whether it's arguably a contract made by terms partially in writing and partially verbal
-given those potential problems, it's likely not worth a lawsuit and the OP is wise to walk away
-HOWEVER, there are other ways to react and one thing that bothered me in particular is the dealership unilaterally changing "terms" in the original document, to get rid of the MSRP pricing (what!!?) which makes it look worse IMO. The fact the dealership did this, suggests they were worried about the agreement enough to somehow torpedo it. Usually when trying to sort out buying a new vehicle and being on a list, the main thing you rely upon is the dealership's sense of fair play and worry about its reputation. The OP could: (1) find out who actually owns the dealership and complain to that person; (2) report the dealership to the Better Business Bureau (which may be useless...as I've seen in the past in Alberta...even if a business is registered with the BBB) but it puts out a bad review with the BBB; (3) complain to GM (which may go nowhere or may leave a black mark against the dealership with "the General"); (4) in this day and age, "blanket" the Web with complaints on the dealership's Webpage or Facebook page or elsewhere. Some dealerships react to this type of bad PR since they know the current "tech-savvy audience" checks internet reviews...so they may do something different if told in advance this will happen unless things change. Once it's done then you've likely burned your bridges with the dealership anyway; (5) complain to the Provincial Government agency that regulates automobile dealerships (likely useless, unless a provable infraction of the government regulations has occurred); (6) move on w/o doing anything...other than posting on an automobile Forum like this one, so other "car people" will know of this dealership and treat it accordingly by avoiding it and telling others...

For what it's worth. Especially if a dealership is short-sighted (only worried about its immediate profit) and really doesn't care about its reputation.

Again, sorry to hear what happened to the OP.

Man did I get screwed not even a kiss, told you there was sex. Sorry for the longgggggg rant.View attachment 100939
I am not surprised. The auto industry, at the dealership level, is as sleazy as it gets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.