Hi Glenn.

Have you checked any of our forum sponsors?

I did get a tune once for my C6 emailed to me from Chuck Mosello at Corvettes of Westchester a number of years ago, ~ 2009? To be honest, I can't say it was a bumpless install but my C6 was everything they advertised for automatic transmission and engine performance afterwards.

The main question I asked was; "how easy is it to back out of the tune"?

Good luck.

For around 500 bucks, moates.net can set you up to do realtine tuning with a gpu1 interface. The gpu1 does emulation, datalogging and programing.

The knowledge, however, you have to gain for yourself. It’s not complicated, you just have to start off slow and work your way up.

An 82 is going to have a pretty slow ecm though. Makes datalogging pretty much impossible as the sampling rate is so slow. You’d have to contact moates and see if they can even offer you aomething that will work with an ecm that old. I think your memcal is also a “one time write” chip, so you might need a new memcal, or at least a new chip.

Anyone selling you a “chip” without wanting a datalog before and/or after is just selling you a “canned tune”. Thise seldom work out well and (imho) you’re better off sticking with the stock calibration than those.

Here’s an older “suoer chevy” article where they uograde a crossfire and install a better ecm: http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/51218

Worth a look over....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.