Apr 28, 2023
GTA
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Grand Sport M7
Province
ON
Hello Everyone,

Is there a list of preferred PPF installers ideally experienced with C7s? Looking for West GTA area, Ontario.

I read the installer is more important than the brand of PPF we use. Appreciate if you can share your experiences and preference for partial vs full wrap and why.

Also is it best practice to remove logos/stickers before PPF or I hear several installers I spoke to prefer not messing with factory glue and modern PPF is applied nicely over without issues. What is the consensus?

Thank you,

Reactions: vinny's vette
Hello Everyone,

Is there a list of preferred PPF installers ideally experienced with C7s? Looking for West GTA area, Ontario.

I read the installer is more important than the brand of PPF we use. Appreciate if you can share your experiences and preference for partial vs full wrap and why.

Also is it best practice to remove logos/stickers before PPF or I hear several installers I spoke to prefer not messing with factory glue and modern PPF is applied nicely over without issues. What is the consensus?

Thank you,
I had mine done at Scotty's in London.
He definitely knows his stuff and would be able to assist you.
Yes, mine is new, but it's the expertice you are looking for, not the vintage, and I'm sure he has lots.

Attachments

• Black C8 Stingray, fresh from the shop..jpg
    Black C8 Stingray, fresh from the shop..jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 0
I had mine done by Ceramic pro Markham. Not west but good shop.
I had full front ppf'd. Mirrors and side vents. The rest was all ceramic. You might want to ppf the roof. It might fly off on you! ;)

Haha ! I've heard tons of horror stories on open latch roof tops flying off on the highway. Definitely taking it seriously.

I've found some installers not comfortable or never done wrapping our transparent roof which is a different material than carbon fiber. Did anyone have experience wrapping the transparent roof or do you usually skip the wrap? Any watchouts or would PPF not even stick?

Haha ! I've heard tons of horror stories on open latch roof tops flying off on the highway. Definitely taking it seriously.

I've found some installers not comfortable or never done wrapping our transparent roof which is a different material than carbon fiber. Did anyone have experience wrapping the transparent roof or do you usually skip the wrap? Any watchouts or would PPF not even stick?
PPF will stick on polycarbonate (lexan) which I assume your transparent top is but I've heard that removing it, if necessary, from lexan a pain and it can often mar the surface. There has been some discussion on applying a clear urethane to lexan before applying PPF which makes removal easier but I'm not sure of any of that. I would definitely talk to a few installers and get their feeling for PPF on lexan. Let us know what you find out.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Users who are viewing this thread