You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Has anyone done PPF on headlights? I see mine are quite pitted after only one season. The Trans Canada through the mountains where I am have a ton of debris on them in the spring. I was even thinking of a light tint as well. I have heard potential heat retention may cause cracking of lenses. Has anyone else heard of this?

I haven't heard of the heat cracking, but I hear heard of PPF on the headlights, I have never had it done so can't really say how effective it is.

If I had to guess I would say it works well and the reason its not popular is people don't want to pay the $$$ to get it installed.
I can't see it being to expensive for just the headlights. I haven't noticed deteriation in the lights at night yet but I'm sure I will eventually

Reactions: V8!
If you consider getting other parts of the car done often headlights will often get added for no cost. On their own most place will charge an hour labour plus material so what I've seen the cost is between $100 and $200.
I can't see it being to expensive for just the headlights. I haven't noticed deteriation in the lights at night yet but I'm sure I will eventually

Reactions: Dantanman
If you consider getting other parts of the car done often headlights will often get added for no cost. On their own most place will charge an hour labour plus material so what I've seen the cost is between $100 and $200.
I am having the PPF redone as it has dust underneath it so will get headlights done at the same time

My last C7 was a Grand Sport from Nelson, BC. I too noticed the headlights on my car were extremely pitted. Paint protection film will without a doubt keep them looking new. I had it on my F-150 and after several years of Alberta driving, when I peeled it off, the lights were in like new condition.

Dust underneath? Do you mean at some of the edges Dan? Or literally visible underneath on some of the panels?
Yes sadly, visible dust in several places that is quite noticable. Installer did it in our shop (dusty environment) while here to do a wrap on one of our trucks. He's going to redo it in his shop in Airdrie. He was trying to save me the trip by doing it here but it didn't work out. Good guy that owned up to it.

Has anyone done PPF on headlights? I see mine are quite pitted after only one season. The Trans Canada through the mountains where I am have a ton of debris on them in the spring. I was even thinking of a light tint as well. I have heard potential heat retention may cause cracking of lenses. Has anyone else heard of this?

Yes - I have PPF on my headlights as well as a light tint film and a ceramic coating.... no issue at all and the tint makes the lights blend in and stick out at the same time. Anyway, I understand myself. Love it.

Yes - I have PPF on my headlights as well as a light tint film and a ceramic coating.... no issue at all and the tint makes the lights blend in and stick out at the same time. Anyway, I understand myself. Love it.
Thst is my plan, light tint as the headlights are great looking, don't want to hide them, just blend in a little more

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Haven’t heard of lenses cracking??...I guess it could happen , had Xpel I stalled on headlights at the same time as 3/4 car coverage before car left dealership , I’m sure you could do headlights (ppf) yourself as the curves are fairly gentle..so less of an aggravation to work with. I don’t think you want to price $$$out new lenses ‘ouch!!’....spend the little amount on ppf👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.