I just had my C8 covered (most; not all) with Xpel Ultimate (paint protection film or PPF), following by ceramic coating on all of the paint and was very happy with the end result. There were next to no bubbles with the PPF: less than 10 on 2 really tight edge corners, and hopefully those will disappear next Spring with the sun's heat. I'm being extremely fussy with that comment about bubbles. Attached are a few photos of my vehicle; one with the installer, plus the "swag" received.

It was done by Revive Auto Detail Solutions (Gary Gallant: check out his website at www.reviveautodetail.ca) and he works out of his home garage in St. Albert so it's low overhead and reasonably priced because of that: about half of what some of the better known shops around town quoted me. He has someone do the PPF (applied with hot water to eliminate bubbles) then he put on 2 coatings of IGL Kenzo. Warranties are 10 years for the PPF and 4 years for the ceramic coating, plus with Kenzo you don't need an annual "top coat", so it's applied once and done.

It was his first C8 and the PPF took 2 days rather than the expected one day, with the installer using pre-cut templates and dealing with the numerous front edges. He had the car 4 days in total but I suspect that will speed up with more C8's being done. It looks great with no exposed edges anywhere, so it was properly wrapped around the edges. Gary was super accommodating with after hours drop-off and yesterday's Saturday pick-up. He also researched C8's in advance so he knew where to insert my jack-pads, to lift up the car to more easily wrap the PPF around the lower edges.

I also had him apply "Diamond Coating" (Supra Clear Armour) on the front windshield to protect from rock chips for $199.00 gst included. But "Rruuff Day" on CCF may be able to help DIY's with that: Diamon Fusion Ultra Glass Protection.

Finally, I've ordered new rims and he agreed to ceramic coat them later n/c if delivered to him in their original shipping boxes (not yet mounted). As well, he gave me good advice on how to properly clean my car and has various products for sale, if you're so inclined. Note: this is my first time meeting Gary and having him work on a vehicle, so I'm posting this as referral based upon a job well done, for anyone considering outer coatings. Hope this helps.

C8 1.pngC8 3.pngC8 4.pngC8 5.pngC8 6.png

I just had my C8 covered (most; not all) with Xpel Ultimate (paint protection film or PPF), following by ceramic coating on all of the paint and was very happy with the end result. There were next to no bubbles with the PPF: less than 10 on 2 really tight edge corners, and hopefully those will disappear next Spring with the sun's heat. I'm being extremely fussy with that comment about bubbles. Attached are a few photos of my vehicle; one with the installer, plus the "swag" received.

It was done by Revive Auto Detail Solutions (Gary Gallant: check out his website at www.reviveautodetail.ca) and he works out of his home garage in St. Albert so it's low overhead and reasonably priced because of that: about half of what some of the better known shops around town quoted me. He has someone do the PPF (applied with hot water to eliminate bubbles) then he put on 2 coatings of IGL Kenzo. Warranties are 10 years for the PPF and 4 years for the ceramic coating, plus with Kenzo you don't need an annual "top coat", so it's applied once and done.

It was his first C8 and the PPF took 2 days rather than the expected one day, with the installer using pre-cut templates and dealing with the numerous front edges. He had the car 4 days in total but I suspect that will speed up with more C8's being done. It looks great with no exposed edges anywhere, so it was properly wrapped around the edges. Gary was super accommodating with after hours drop-off and yesterday's Saturday pick-up. He also researched C8's in advance so he knew where to insert my jack-pads, to lift up the car to more easily wrap the PPF around the lower edges.

I also had him apply "Diamond Coating" (Supra Clear Armour) on the front windshield to protect from rock chips for $199.00 gst included. But "Rruuff Day" on CCF may be able to help DIY's with that: Diamon Fusion Ultra Glass Protection.

Finally, I've ordered new rims and he agreed to ceramic coat them later n/c if delivered to him in their original shipping boxes (not yet mounted). As well, he gave me good advice on how to properly clean my car and has various products for sale, if you're so inclined. Note: this is my first time meeting Gary and having him work on a vehicle, so I'm posting this as referral based upon a job well done, for anyone considering outer coatings. Hope this helps.

View attachment 45222View attachment 45224View attachment 45225View attachment 45226View attachment 45227
I would recommend Crosstown Auto Dealership for a real professional job. There should be no bubbles whatsoever when done right. They were working on a Bentley 2 weeks ago. Saw the car Monday and really impressed with the job. It was ceramic coated too including the rims. 👍😷

I would recommend Crosstown Auto Dealership for a real professional job. There should be no bubbles whatsoever when done right. They were working on a Bentley 2 weeks ago. Saw the car Monday and really impressed with the job. It was ceramic coated too including the rims. 👍😷

Thanks 2KforeverC5 for adding another reference for us "Edmonton-area-folk". As an update, I was fortunate to get the illuminated door sill plates before they were discontinued and went back to have them and the surrounding door sills covered with PPF. For those of you getting your car done, that's an area which gets a fair bit of "foot-traffic" (pardon the pun) and another location on the car people should consider doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.