Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
Has anyone decided on what PPF and Ceramic they will use or has used?
I'm leaning towards Ceramic Pro Kavaca, but haven't seen any demonstration videos for Xpel or others.
The Kavaca is instant healing. It's $2100 for the front and $220 for the side vents. Another $1600 to complete the car with Ceramic Pro Gold coating. Quoted by ceramic pro Markham

Anyone have anything good/bad to say about Xpel? (or others)

Reactions: ABC
I would like a PPF that has self healing properties and a built in Ceramic coating so one less layer to deal with.
Did you ask BrianCullen about their PPF and Ceramic?
I was quoted 2k for just ceramic but I forget what kind they use. Barb Kluke said they can do PPF also, but we'd follow up as things got closer.

Suntek and Xpel are the two better PPF products. 3M is an inferior product. I've seen all three products and have spoken to applicators who have used 3M and other products. You can't go wrong with it, as long as the person applying it is good.

I don't know enough about ceramic coating to say what product is good and what one isn't.

All PPF are 'instant healing' in a sense. Most require heat to heal (sitting in the sun or heat from the engine bay).

I have 5 year old 3M on my front bumper and the rest is done with Suntek. To be honest, I don't see any 3M yellowing but on a DSOM colour, I'm not sure I could even notice.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I'm leaning towards Ceramic Pro Kavaca, but haven't seen any demonstration videos for Xpel or others.
The Kavaca is instant healing. It's $2100 for the front and $220 for the side vents. Another $1600 to complete the car with Ceramic Pro Gold coating. Quoted by ceramic pro Markham

I had some accent work done at Prestige Customs in North Vancouver and he ceramic coated my entire car as part of the pkg.. He uses Feynlab product - amazing - drove home from dealer after getting some work done in the rain. When I pulled into my garage - no water. The car touches up crazy easy now as well. Never did the 3M or Xpel - 4 years old - not a mark on the paint - only 14,000 km on the odometer.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I had some accent work done at Prestige Customs in North Vancouver and he ceramic coated my entire car as part of the pkg.. He uses Feynlab product - amazing - drove home from dealer after getting some work done in the rain. When I pulled into my garage - no water. The car touches up crazy easy now as well. Never did the 3M or Xpel - 4 years old - not a mark on the paint - only 14,000 km on the odometer.
In Alberta the PPF is a must. One trip up (or) down the QE2 will convince you of the value of at least a wrapped front.

In Alberta the PPF is a must. One trip up (or) down the QE2 will convince you of the value of at least a wrapped front.

I would suggest, in Ontario, one have the rockers wrapped as well. Lots of road debris gets kicked up by the tires.

I am doing Xpel Ultimate and IGL KENZO on my car. $1200 for the Xpel on the areas shown on attached pic and on roof line and A-pillars. $1200 for the IGL KENZO.
22966611-0EFE-4BBC-A8AE-DB32AF9E9DFB.jpeg

Reactions: marcus86 and Dik
did the entire car 🔫
side.jpg
IMG_20200810_125752300.jpg

Last edited:

I have done nothing yet. Have a few front blemishes in my 4200 kms. I know I have to do something soon. I am going to go your route at ceramic pro? Get a quote at least. You numbers look better than I had from down here in West End. Don’t want to go crazy and over protect.

As before, I bought 3M PPF kit front area including head lights and mirrors for $400 cdn from North Tints on Ebay.
I`ll install myself . This will be my 4th car. There were a few marks here and there but so what . Better than getting hit.
I had it on my C7 for 5 year and 20k kilos and never got a stone chip damage.

I won`t use ceramic coating as there are so many brands around from $15 to $200 for a kit. I read that it does not last long(2yrs), can scratch , doesn`t protect from stone chips and you must use a renew application and special wash for it.

Nothing like the weekly hand wash to feel close to my ride and occasional clay bar and polish changing brands as new ones come out for the fun and joy of it.

Bravely spoken.

Reactions: Dik and ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.