Jul 12, 2018
Richmond, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 Z51 6 spd
Province
BC
A set of these came up on Amazon Warehouse Deals for for $24 so I couldn't resist as they are a well reviewed pad. I'd say it's worth it if they come up, and low risk with Amazon's return policy.
IMG_20220802_103222471.jpg

IMG_20220802_103230151.jpg

Even came with new boots for the slider pins. The plastic packing was opened but the parts looked fine.

I think I have the original AC Delco semi metallic pads as they look to be about half worn. Install was as expected, then I bed the pads in per the instructions. At first I thought the pedal felt soft and I'd made a mistake, either that the pads weren't as good as the OEM pads, or there was air in the brake line, but then I did the series of hard stops, the ABS cut in easily and the car braked hard. After the bed in and cool down, the brake pedal feels at least as firm as before, stopping power on the street feels at least as good as the AC Delco semi metallic pads and they don't have the squeal. So far they seem great so I'll do the rears as well.

I'll report back as I drive more and also on how much they dust. The AC Delco semi metallic dust quite a bit on the front.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.