Danny Boy

I'm New Here
May 30, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN.
VetteCoins
Car
1994 C4
Hey everyone,

I'm Danny Boy from Ottawa and I have just fulfilled my life long dream and that was to own a corvette at some point in my life.

Well it has been almost a whole year and I finally found " the ONE ".

1994 C4, Dark Metallic Blue with all the bells and whistles. A 2 owner car. Me being number 3. She is beautiful.

Brought her home a few hours ago and started tinkering with it right away.

I was checking all the fluids and all looks to be in great shape accept for the power steering fluid. Its a little low, actually the reservoir is about half full.... No leaks I can confirm that but I am unsure as to what brand I should use.

GM says to use their own " special " fluid GM Part #12345866 or 12345867 and that's fine but do I have to use their fluid or can I use lets say Amsoil or LUCAS or Valvoline synthetic PS fluid....

Or does it really matter as long as it is a reputable brand and that its synthetic... ????

Any and all suggestion and advice is more than welcomed...

Thanks everyone.

Check with your GM dealer for pricing first. If they are out of line, you can probably buy compatible oil from CTC or any automotive outlet. I buy GM because the dealer is close and I get a bit of a discount. They have to be reasonably competitive on stuff like this or they wouldn't sell any.

Thanks Keith.

I have been online all morning and its back and forth as to what I should use. GM P/S recommended fluid or other.... many say stay with what the manual says GM part 12345867 which the GM dealer near me has in stock or to use another brand like Valvoline or Amsoil... I think that I am going to play it same and spend a little more and get what the manual say and stick with the GM P/S fluid.

Cheers

Check with your GM dealer for pricing first. If they are out of line, you can probably buy compatible oil from CTC or any automotive outlet. I buy GM because the dealer is close and I get a bit of a discount. They have to be reasonably competitive on stuff like this or they wouldn't sell any.

Great looking car DB! Honestly, I believe any PS fluid should work for you as you are just topping it up, However, to treat it the best, as stated above and what you are planning on doing, use the GM stuff and keep all the fluid the same..... I just actually wanted to comment on how nice the car looks. :D

Hey Riley,

Thanks.... I have been trying to buy this specific car for years.... I think the previous owner just simply got tired of saying "NO" to me so many times that they finally said yes. I really love it and the pic does not even come close to do it justice on what it looks like in real life...

She is stock from the ground up and I cannot wait to start dressing her up with some really cool toys and upgrades... She is beautiful. Now I just need to find her a name... LOL

Thanks again for your compliment

DB

QUOTE="Riley P, post: 79534, member: 2"]Great looking car DB! Honestly, I believe any PS fluid should work for you as you are just topping it up, However, to treat it the best, as stated above and what you are planning on doing, use the GM stuff and keep all the fluid the same..... I just actually wanted to comment on how nice the car looks. :D[/QUOTE]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.