Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
I found this site below, in Cali, that offers pre-painted callipers on an exchange program, to match any of the C8 body colors, plus custom colors. Not sure if $730 USD is reasonable or not, so figured I would ask on here if anyone has taken off their callipers to send in for powder coating, and if so, who did the job and how much ?

The problem I see for those of us not mechanically inclined is that someone has to jack up the car, remove the tires and callipers, remove the pads and lines, and then the car has to sit like that for days or weeks until the callipers come back painted. Wish there was an option to have it done thru a dealer, this way the dealer takes care of everything, or maybe someone like Humberview could do it to. Just seems to be one of those visual upgrades where the car will be out of service for some time, and up on jacks or a lift.

Thinking ahead if I go the Rapid Blue route, saw someone on YouTube had the callipers done in the same color and it looked stunning !!

Thanks

$730 USD is ~ $1,000 CAD. Plus shipping, probably. Plus the labour to re & re. I was recently at my dealer, the parts dept had a set of yellow in stock. $800 each, so $3200 for the set just to buy them. I plan on powdering mine myself over the winter. They're stock black now, will go yellow. If anyone is interested, bring/send us the 4 calipers with pistons and seals removed, we'll strip and powder them in your colour choice, plus "CORVETTE" and "Z51" logo for $600 CAD.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread