AxeZ06

Power User
Sep 2, 2018
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06 Z07 3LZ
Does anyone have / use one of these. If yes, what's the good, bad, ugly on them?
Thanks.

Screenshot_20200310-125703.jpg

Have one and been using it for the past two years.Previously, I would always do any detailing by hand but this makes life a lot easier.

This past weekend was the perfect weather to put it to use !!

IMG_E5629.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: AxeZ06
Did you replace the backing plate?
If yes.....did you need any extra hardware?
Chemical guys?

I purchased it as a Package, it came with the Backing Plate, Microfiber Towels, Pad Cleaner and 6 or 8 Pads.Yes, chemical Guys. I did not need any additional hardware.
The Range of Pads cover a wide spectrum, from Heavy Correction to Final Step. Just add your favorite Detailing Products and you are good to go.

The Porter Cable consistently gets favorable reviews for it's ease of use and durability.

• Informative
I have one and it’s pretty good. I use a variety of hex logic and lake country pads. Don’t use that cheap one glued to the backing plate it comes with. It will fail really quickly and pieces go flying. At least on mine. I found it’s great for paint in pretty good shape (small amount of swirls) I purchased a Rupes mill forced rotary and it does much more but it’s pricy. Go for the porter cable as it’s very safe for your paint and works pretty good. It is loud though so best used outside.

• Informative
The Porter Cable 7424 is the time tested and true random orbital polisher that all detail shops used to use when needed vs the Makita 9227C which was the preferred for a professional polisher who knew how to use them. You'll have no issues with the Porter Cable, it's an excellent polisher and recommend a flexible backing plate and generally a white lake country pad to go with it. Its near fool proof as you should never be able to burn an edge or cause any damage no matter how slow you move along.

I have two plus two 3" polishers. Love them all. Well worth the cost. Have had mine for 10+ years and still going strong. I do some detailing on the side 40-50 cars a year so mine are used lots. Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.