Dec 3, 2014
Meadow Lake/Lions Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06/07 & NSX
Hi all,

I went down to The Source today, bought a class 10 32G SD card for my PDR as I've never used it and thought it would be kinda fun to play around with. The very first video I record the bottom of the screen becomes pixelated and then "refreshes" repeatedly through the recording. I've called my service department and they are going to look into it. In the meantime, has anyone else had this issue? Is it a MB/sec issue with the SD card not being quick enough? Or is my PDR faulty and in need of replacement? Hmmmmm....... I've posted a video on YouTube under "Poor PDR playback quality."

Good to know. When i had my Z06 i never used the PDR during the several months that i had it. I picked myself up a 2016 ATS-V earlier this month and it came equipped with a PDR so I'll give it a try.

Solved the problem. Bought 80MB/s SD card. Tried it....works perfectly. Original one I purchased was 30MB/s. GM only specifies "Class 10" in the manual. No MB/s requirement. They should ....

Yes they say a class 10 up to 32gb card. Anything bigger requires specific formatting. I’ve used 16gb to 128gb cards with no problems.
Interesting info as the MB/s is not something I’ve considered. Guess I got lucky but I always bought one of the higher priced cards thinking it would be better. Maybe that is where the MB/s comes into play. 👍

Used the Valet mode for the first time last week because I wanted to see what would be produced. A 35 minute recording session resulted in a 1.5 GB MP4 file on a 16GB class 10, 30 mb/S card. Video and audio were clear for the portion I watched. It a good dash cam function. I will try the PDR mode this week on the same card. It is a fun and interesting feature for normal road driving.

I wish more vehicles could have the PDR option. I know it’s cool on the tracking for the Corvette. It is almost a must for a new driver, so I am being lead to believe. New drivers can get hit on insurance regardless of fault. I am considering one for my teen’s vehicle and only wished it would not have to be something with wires dangling to a power supply. I suppose one could be wired in but a factory option would be a no brainer and maybe offset a portion of the insurance premium. Just a thought.
Not sure about everyone but my PDR recordings has a lot of drivers cutting me off on the highway. They pass me only to cut right in front .... I don’t get it.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Your going to slow lmao. Sorry could not resist. There are dash cams that recharge.
I don’t always have Glympse on ..
but sure enough when I do ... 😁
98424438-6A72-4BDD-A897-5140E9DBAD8F.jpeg

Thanks ... I’ll have to look for something for the dash of the teen’s daily driver (no vette unless it’s a chevette) that will be the least effort for using. After all her dad has trouble just remembering to simply turn the vette pdr on. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
I have a couple of questions surrounding the PDR on our Vettes.....

1). Apparently my car didn't come with an SD card (didn't see one in the slot) so I'm off to
Staples tomorrow.....did everyone else find that there was no SD card from the factory?

2). So I understand that I need a Fat 32 card Class 10 (formatted) and I'm thinking
32gigs should be good. Do the cards come aready formatted and if not
how do I format it?

Thanks Cobra

I have a couple of questions surrounding the PDR on our Vettes.....

1). Apparently my car didn't come with an SD card (didn't see one in the slot) so I'm off to
Staples tomorrow.....did everyone else find that there was no SD card from the factory?

2). So I understand that I need a Fat 32 card Class 10 (formatted) and I'm thinking
32gigs should be good. Do the cards come aready formatted and if not
how do I format it?

Thanks Cobra

1) The cards do not come with the cars so that’s normal that you didn’t find one in the slot. Your salesman should have explained all this at or before delivery so you could have recorded your first drive. The audio in the cab is very clear. (Small warning in case you curse or sing along to music)

2) Yes that format and type 10 card is correct. 32g is usually enough and plug and play. I use both a 32g and a 128g card for long multi day trips. The 128 cards will have to be formatted though. (Which is easy)

Last edited:
The audio in the cab is very clear. (Small warning in case you curse or sing along to music)
Second that - During first day track time at Spring Mountain I verbally self-abused when missing the turn-in at corner # 10 multiple times. Must admit to being a touch shocked when I watched the video that evening. Next day I kept the mouthpiece shut and cursed silently but much less frequently while the PDR recorded the skills improvement. :D Lesson noted for me: shut up when the PDR is on unless I want to audition for The Voice.

1) The cards do not come with the cars so that’s normal that you didn’t find one in the slot. Your salesman should have explained all this at or before delivery so you could have recorded your first drive. The audio in the cab is very clear. (Small warning in case you curse or sing along to music)

2) Yes that format and type 10 card is correct. 32g is usually enough and plug and play. I use both a 32g and a 128g card for long multi day trips. The 128 cards will have to be formatted though. (Which is easy)

Is there a correct and incorrect way to load the card.......I'm not familiar with SD cards and all I see in the glove box is a slot..........are they spring loaded....ie. push in until it locals, to remove depress and it pops out?

As far as formatting a much larger SD card.....does the car itself have the ability to format the card and if not where would I get it formatted.....I have only iPads.....but my son has a Mac Air or Pro......I wonder if his Apple computer have a port for SD cards and format it there?

Hey ... use search on this forum and you will find some valuable information ... even Google searching will bring you to it (so I am told).
I now have 128Gb SD cards (best bang for the dollar for the purpose as only one is needed - and maybe a backup if you have
Obsessive Corvette Disorder OCD (as in myself)

One of CCF's "characters" on this forum posted this ... Cheers :Cheers2:

Th
Hey ... use search on this forum and you will find some valuable information ... even Google searching will bring you to it (so I am told).
I now have 128Gb SD cards (best bang for the dollar for the purpose as only one is needed - and maybe a backup if you have
Obsessive Corvette Disorder OCD (as in myself)

One of CCF's "characters" on this forum posted this ... Cheers :Cheers2:

Thank you.......I went to Walmart and bought the recommended 128Gb SD card......SanDisk....$41.80 all in!
IMG_2241.jpg

Is there a correct and incorrect way to load the card.......I'm not familiar with SD cards and all I see in the glove box is a slot..........are they spring loaded....ie. push in until it locals, to remove depress and it pops out?

As far as formatting a much larger SD card.....does the car itself have the ability to format the card and if not where would I get it formatted.....I have only iPads.....but my son has a Mac Air or Pro......I wonder if his Apple computer have a port for SD cards and format it there?

Cobra the card only slides in one way. Label up and business end in. Yes it’s spring loaded toward the bottom. You will feel it click in. To remove press and release. It will pop out enough to grab. Again you will feel it.
No hammer 🔨 needed 😂😂

I format my 128 on a Mac or MacBook no problem. 👍

Cobra the card only slides in one way. Label up and business end in. Yes it’s spring loaded toward the bottom. You will feel it click in. To remove press and release. It will pop out enough to grab. Again you will feel it.
No hammer 🔨 needed 😂😂

I format my 128 on a Mac or MacBook no problem. 👍

Thank you......my wife and I both have our own iPads....but no port for an SD card so I ran over to my son's as he has an Mac Air or Pro.....not sure. Anyhow the instructions provided ny SN-III were right from an Apple computer so it was a real breeze. My son was impressed with the step by step guide with photo instructions.......I'm going to put it in the car now!

Hi all,

I went down to The Source today, bought a class 10 32G SD card for my PDR as I've never used it and thought it would be kinda fun to play around with. The very first video I record the bottom of the screen becomes pixelated and then "refreshes" repeatedly through the recording. I've called my service department and they are going to look into it. In the meantime, has anyone else had this issue? Is it a MB/sec issue with the SD card not being quick enough? Or is my PDR faulty and in need of replacement? Hmmmmm....... I've posted a video on YouTube under "Poor PDR playback quality."

You should always buy a High grade SDXC card : Here is a link for a 256GB which gives you 105 hours of recording. This is the best price I have seen by far! Cheers! CORVETTE C8 C7 C6 Z06 ZR1 Grand Sport STINGRAY PDR SD 256 GB Memory Video Card | eBay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread