Is Ponoka a possibility this year?
been sitting in the parking lot for darn near a year, hope so
Couple of things in play here. Graham Borely seems is organizing a Vette get together at his home in Red Deer on May 7th. I know nothing about it but I guess it is posted on facebook. I talked to Bruce in Ponoka but he is backing away from organizing the Ponoka event for a couple reasons. I think the lack of local assistance has much to do with that. I have a major house reno happening starting in April so can't be of much help organizing anything but would be up for joining a group for lunch in Red Deer or Bentley or somewhere and then an afternoon cruise somewhere... Maybe up to Meridian beach on Gull Lake for some BS and some pictures.

well in the interest of been fed in the spring what about this idea

I can help by phoning the car wash guy (will need contact info)
‘maybe we can call around for a ice cream truck, food truck or food bank for a small lunchtime snack?

I don’t do farcebook or forums well at all as many of you know with my lack of posting pictures or video

not interested in taking it over but could help for an hour or an hour and ten minutes total

if I am involved it won’t be fancy but it might be ok for a morning outing

thoughts and thanks to all who made it happen in the past
not trying to continue the event or whatever,
just let’s get together for a few hours

maybe visit the nut house or the mail as a tourist destination——possibilities are somewhat endless

well……..

You the man Jeff. Do you have a date in mind. We can post it up (Lemme know and I can post it up here if you like) and see if it generates some interest before you commit. Would avoid you sitting in the parking lot alone for another year. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
not sure as to a date?
usually I honk at the 4h crew in the ditch that morning
i stop and give them a look, give them a $2 toy car and a smile, takes an hour longer as usually it is about 4 or 5 groups that I,pass on the way
good way to pick up middle aged women who know how to work and pick up bottles on the ditch
not making fun just an observation that rural ladies are different than a lot of city ladies from time to time, fought crowd today

unless medical issues I will be there and can help a little
speeding trial in rimbey this spring but it was only a small one so maybe I can call the pol-ice as well or a contact is provided
(not 911 gents)
so in sum I can make a couple of calls and get things going
also could call the food truck if someone has a contact or a name as an idea
then my responsibility ends, the fun you have OR NOT is your doing not mine

again thanks to those who put it on in the past,
this one will be a little less organized but is a start to the season and again a chance to get together for a few hours
if I don’t stave after waking from hibernation I will be there

Last edited:
So.... Unless everyone wants to partake in the Graham Borely function at his house (not me), lets plan for May 7th or May 15 which would have been the original meet and greet date. May 15 is just before Mothers day if that makes a difference to anyone. Anyone have a vote?

I think I'm aiming for the 7th. Might lose a couple of the facebook fanatics to Grahams but oh well. Seem to have some interest from 8 or 9 so far.

Dang ... the dilemma of an invite to two "parties" on the same date ... :WillyNilly:
I go to FB to network wherever corvette friends will be & reason why I am connected with as many via CCF :canada:as well.

Decision will be .. my May 7th destination be influenced by the group that will launch from YYC ...
as the initial hour-long cruise north will be a good start for the rest of an awesome corvette-day.
(yes, the location for a good burger matters too ... yummy) :angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Dang ... the dilemma of an invite to two "parties" on the same date ... :WillyNilly:
I go to FB to network wherever corvette friends will be & reason why I am connected with as many via CCF :canada:as well.

Decision will be .. my May 7th destination be influenced by the group that will launch from YYC ...
as the initial hour-long cruise north will be a good start for the rest of an awesome corvette-day.
(yes, the location for a good burger matters too ... yummy) :angelic:
Choices choices... No worries either way Sp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.