Yessicapeters kny777
Casual User
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Not a corvette :(
Province
AB
Just wondering if there will be any car shows in ponoka this year. things seem to be slowing down with the fear based stuff rolling around. shouldn't we be able to socially distance ourselves at these events and so all the housewives can live vicariously through all of you...... geezz Louis...... we seen a black beauty follow us of qe2 today into ponoka looking forward to meeting some of the drivers and laughing about some passes on 2a. good times with the old minivan. I used to have nice cars before kids. maybe one day I can ride the road again. until then i will keep my oil changed with synthetic and keep using redline.... ***sigh*** I love my children, although I miss driving fast two door cars..... ready to hear some sweet stories!! daydreamer.

Just wondering if there will be any car shows in ponoka this year. things seem to be slowing down with the fear based stuff rolling around. shouldn't we be able to socially distance ourselves at these events and so all the housewives can live vicariously through all of you...... geezz Louis...... we seen a black beauty follow us of qe2 today into ponoka looking forward to meeting some of the drivers and laughing about some passes on 2a. good times with the old minivan. I used to have nice cars before kids. maybe one day I can ride the road again. until then i will keep my oil changed with synthetic and keep using redline.... ***sigh*** I love my children, although I miss driving fast two door cars..... ready to hear some sweet stories!! daydreamer.

Welcome to the forum Mamabear. We have a yearly event in May each year in Ponoka but obviously this year was a wash. Nothing planned in Ponoka at the moment but that's not to say there's a lot of members that certainly would be up for something like that, albeit much more informal than the annual Meet and Greet is. Don't stop being a daydreamer but remember...Life flies by quickly. You would be surprised how easy and relatively inexpensive to get yourself another sweet ride. Many of us have been there and the joy of a Corvette in your driveway will never bring regret. Stayed tuned.

Reactions: Mamabear
My midlife crisis is calling. Getting a two door sports car might have to go before my solo jumping license. Thank you for the reply Rruuff Day. looking forward to seeing more sweet cars around town and the rual area.

Reactions: turbozig
My midlife crisis is calling. Getting a two door sports car might have to go before my solo jumping license. Thank you for the reply Rruuff Day. looking forward to seeing more sweet cars around town and the rual area.

Bruce (@Somebuddy is his forum name) lives in Ponoka. He has a gorgeous yellow C5 convertible Vette. Pretty sure if you see him and flag him down he will chat with you about cars for hours....lol.... I tagged him here so he will likely show up on this thread with a response as well... As for solo jumping, I assume you're wanting to jump out of a perfectly functional airplane.... Ouch....

giphy.gif

Right on!! the tiny humans would love to see and hear the car up close!

Yes, sky diving. We tried this last year and that was one incredible time of our lives. I've always loved to go fast and somehow falling was one of the most amazing experiences, actually hanging the feet out was scary but the falling part was easy and oddly peaceful. The plane was also really nice I could get used to doing that professionally. However, I still have an insane love for the road and speed. My dad built two 72 novas from the ground up and its been a passion of mine since my first car...... nothing too special but the z24 definitely started that fire inside!!

Right on!! the tiny humans would love to see and hear the car up close!

Yes, sky diving. We tried this last year and that was one incredible time of our lives. I've always loved to go fast and somehow falling was one of the most amazing experiences, actually hanging the feet out was scary but the falling part was easy and oddly peaceful. The plane was also really nice I could get used to doing that professionally. However, I still have an insane love for the road and speed. My dad built two 72 novas from the ground up and its been a passion of mine since my first car...... nothing too special but the z24 definitely started that fire inside!!

Word of caution. Nothing puts a smile on your face like sitting behind the wheel of a Corvette.... The smile lasts forever...

I can't even imagine the feeling of being behind such a beautiful sports car.
jumping is so fun. you have to try it once. it feels secure when you jump strapped to someone whos jumped over 3000 times.

First jumps were under a PC. Did a few under old military T-10 non steerable. Was in the days when the world was transitioning from the round PC to the new fangled square. We used to practice accuracy under the PC. Thats when you had to know how to spot your jump run cause a lousy spot could mean a long walk....or worse. Now spotting is a lost art. Just get out somewhere over the province and fly your canopy back to the drop zone.

First jumps were under a PC. Did a few under old military T-10 non steerable. Was in the days when the world was transitioning from the round PC to the new fangled square. We used to practice accuracy under the PC. Thats when you had to know how to spot your jump run cause a lousy spot could mean a long walk....or worse. Now spotting is a lost art. Just get out somewhere over the province and fly your canopy back to the drop zone.

OMG.... another one.... to be honest Al, I have never had the urge.... and I have done some things that have raised eyebrows.... but jumping out of a plane has never been one of them....

OMG.... another one.... to be honest Al, I have never had the urge.... and I have done some things that have raised eyebrows.... but jumping out of a plane has never been one of them....
Had to get my parents permission because I was under 18. Got my commercial pilots license by 18 and flew the jump plane. Traded weekend flying for jumps. Back then a lift was like $12 to 3000 feet then a buck per thousand feet. If I remember correctly $20 got you to 10k feet. That was in 78/79. Tried to get on 3 to 4 lifts a day. A good day as a pilot would be 20ish lifts a day.

I am fascinated by the new flying wing suits.

Uh huh..... Again...Not me... Unless you're head down, terminal velocity is about 60 metres per second average.... Hmmmm..... 216 kph.... I'm still in 4th gear with three to go and not worrying about a chute....lol.... But that's just me.... I can see the attraction for others....

Had to get my parents permission because I was under 18. Got my commercial pilots license by 18 and flew the jump plane. Traded weekend flying for jumps. Back then a lift was like $12 to 3000 feet then a buck per thousand feet. If I remember correctly $20 got you to 10k feet. That was in 78/79. Tried to get on 3 to 4 lifts a day. A good day as a pilot would be 20ish lifts a day.
yea the wing suits are a whole nother level of crqzy ai am also fascinated by them. hiking up a mountain to find a quick exit down is also my style. beautiful veiws and incredible rush.

Rruuff Day I'm also interested in the behind the wheel bear death experience baaahahahah but before kids I thought I owned the roads and got myself into a little trouble so that insurance and children prevent me from doing the damn thing.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Uh huh..... Again...Not me... Unless you're head down, terminal velocity is about 60 metres per second average.... Hmmmm..... 216 kph.... I'm still in 4th gear with three to go and not worrying about a chute....lol.... But that's just me.... I can see the attraction for others....
Thats terminal velocity going straight downhill. Do the calculation on groundspeed in a delta....trading terminal down velocity for forward speed. yeahhh baby (my best Austin Powers voice)

Thats terminal velocity going straight downhill. Do the calculation on groundspeed in a delta....trading terminal down velocity for forward speed. yeahhh baby (my best Austin Powers voice)
I would love to chat with you about this stuff in person and personally thank you for your service. I'd imagine you have some pretty good stories, sure looking forward to that day.

Yes!!! the rush and smell in the wing suits would be life changing.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I would love to chat with you about this stuff in person and personally thank you for your service. I'd imagine you have some pretty good stories, sure looking forward to that day.

Yes!!! the rush and smell in the wing suits would be life changing.

my wing suit would also smell and folks might be familiar with the scent

HOWEVER, that scent has not made it into the perfume isle at any major chain store

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread