What C7 would you Buy? AND What C7 do you think the Majority will buy? (Choose 1 for each Part)

• Part A - I would buy a C7 Stingray with Manual-7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
I was asked this two part question this weekend and thought it would make for a great poll on our CCF.
As the C8 will eventually phase out the C7...

Choose only 1 of the first 7 answers for Part A
What C7 model & transmission would YOU purchase?

AND

Choose only 1 of the last 2 answers for Part B
What C7 transmission would you think the majority of people would actually option
to Buy knowing now that the C8 will only be available with an Automatic?

As the C7-ZR1 is pretty much a factory order, the transmission of choice is not relevant to this poll.
You will be able to vote once with 2 selections so be honest (as this isn't really a wish list question/poll)
You will be able to see the accumulating results once you vote. Poll is open until Spring/Summer 2019

Last edited:
For some reason, I can't vote on Part B Spence. But I would suspect that those wanting an auto would choose it in the last version of the C7. Buying an M7 for capitalizing on later (a rarity) value is a long game. Yes, there may be a few who buy the 19 with an M7 specifically as the last Corvette with the manual transmission; but I think most will buy what they want to drive.

Cool poll. :thumbs:

Reactions: frankmp and YFCvii
For some reason, I can't vote on Part B Spence. But I would suspect that those wanting an auto would choose it in the last version of the C7. Buying an M7 for capitalizing on later (a rarity) value is a long game. Yes, there may be a few who buy the 19 with an M7 specifically as the last Corvette with the manual transmission; but I think most will buy what they want to drive. Cool poll. :thumbs:

I could not answer it easily as well and why I thought of this poll …
I plan to share the results of this poll with the person who asked me that question.

Last edited:
I voted B only best guess. " A " don't apply to me, I am very happy with my 82 and if I was to spend money in a GM lot it would be on a new white loaded Silverado crew cab with a 6.2 and not on a not so appealing Corvette. .

I only voted part B as well, but for majorly different reasons than Xfire. I find the C7 totally appealing, as do the vast majority who see or own a C7. I was one of them and given the plethora of improvements over previous generations (the lines, the interior, the performance, the fuel mileage and the dependbility), that is the reason I upgraded from a pristine C6. I guess I'm just not a purist like some of the members who own the original classics. Given unlimited disposable income, my only alternative purchase may have been a full blown resto mod C2 with the LS7. As my C7 is still 'showroom' with less than 15,000 km, at the time of this poll I have no reason to buy a 2019 C7. We will see if the C8 pulls my heartstrings at some point in the future but for the money that the ZR1 C8 will command, that resto mod could still be on the bucket list for consideration.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I was asked this two part question this weekend and thought it would make for a great poll on our CCF.
As the C8 will eventually phase out the C7...

Choose only 1 of the first 7 answers for Part A
What C7 model & transmission would YOU purchase?

AND

Choose only 1 of the last 2 answers for Part B
What C7 transmission would you think the majority of people would actually option
to Buy knowing now that the C8 will only be available with an Automatic?
Poll is open until Spring/Summer 2019

Interesting question/pole! I answered the pole relative to my recent order, (Z06-Manual), one in which every day I pinch myself to see if I'm in a dream.

I placed an order/purchased my C7 on October 04th with an estimated delivery of late March early April. My wife bought me Larry Edsall's, Corvette Stingray : The Seventh Generation of America's Sports Car, for Christmas but I read that in two days. For those interested in the book it's full of interesting information however I have two complaints. It should have been revised to capture alterations and new models in years 2015 to present as it only documents the 2014 Stingray and secondly whoever was his "proof reader" didn't thoroughly perform as the book is rife with grammatical errors. Overall though a positive read!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all..........

Cobra.................excited and patiently waiting for my Z06!

Sadly, I think the majority of people these days have no idea what that third pedal is for, and don't care. The extension to this is that more than 80% of the few people who do know what that pedal is for, do not know how to use it effectively.

It makes me sad that we are headed for an automotive future without a third pedal, because it is one of the things I enjoy most about driving. Pretty soon I'm going to be just like Michael, having no interest in this new-fangled technology-laden crap that takes all of the fun out of learning to have driving skills. At that point, cars become worthless. Just get a video game with a 3D TV - it's the same damn thing. You're not really doing anything anyway.

I do love the visceral feel and sound of the Corvette M7 which I have again ordered for my third C7 which will arrive in April but if I were driving it in stop and go traffic every day I am afraid I would be getting an A8. My 2019 GS will be my 5th Vette and only 1 was an automatic, a C4 that came available at a huge discount and was only 6 weeks old when I bought it. My daily driver is an Audi SQ5 with their A8 and it is a pretty sweet operating box. In sport mode it even automatically rev matches as it does its own automatic downshifts and of course it rev matches when downshifting with the paddles.

It must be a age and experience thing but I won’t buy an automatic vette. I can have fun driving my manual even at legal speeds. Driving an automatic is so ho hum unless driving it hard. I like the feel of the stick as I smoothly select the next gear and manipulate the throttle and feel the car surge forward. It is like a dance and I don’t want to stop dancing!

Sadly, I think the majority of people these days have no idea what that third pedal is for, and don't care. The extension to this is that more than 80% of the few people who do know what that pedal is for, do not know how to use it effectively.

It makes me sad that we are headed for an automotive future without a third pedal, because it is one of the things I enjoy most about driving. Pretty soon I'm going to be just like Michael, having no interest in this new-fangled technology-laden crap that takes all of the fun out of learning to have driving skills. At that point, cars become worthless. Just get a video game with a 3D TV - it's the same damn thing. You're not really doing anything anyway.
Well … “Lost Skills” is definitely an interesting discussion too. We don't have a lot of residential brick layers any more and very few who can remedy clockworks problems too.
Finding many have adapted quite well to computers and phones though. This poll exists primarily to guess what would be
wanted in the last of assembly line Corvettes until there is no choice other than Automatics as we relate to the sales people trying to speculate what C7 to put on the sales floor (imagine that job right now) … All in all this is making great for
discussion and how the poll has developed too and I certainly agree with the loss of the third pedal as we discover that
the younger generations are more and more being apparently raised to have most everything taken care of for them …
(No choice other than to Automatically having gear shifts done for you ... may be thought of as a byproduct of helicopter parenting in a separate thread within the next decade) :thumbs:

Last edited:
Interesting pole however it appears to me that the % column isn't accurate!
Yes looking at vote count only on this one as two choices are wanted and I’d otherwise have to set up two separate polls. Rather than the redundancy, thought this would be best. By the way, I believe a couple of Corvette sales people are watching this poll too.

Reactions: Cobravenomous