Jun 9, 2015
pickering
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2lt HTC
Province
ON
I`m planning to install 3M PPF when I get my C8 this Sept20.
I`ll looking at Chemical Guys V38 to polish the front end to enhance gloss.
I planned to use the Autoglym resin polish but learned that its solvent based and just fills the swirls .
V38 is water based and is a `true` polish I think and can cleaned with Chemical Guys products.
Any suggestions ? Would V38 be the best ?
I researched Mothers, Meguiars and are solvent based too.

I`m planning to install 3M PPF when I get my C8 this Sept20.
I`ll looking at Chemical Guys V38 to polish the front end to enhance gloss.
I planned to use the Autoglym resin polish but learned that its solvent based and just fills the swirls .
V38 is water based and is a `true` polish I think and can cleaned with Chemical Guys products.
Any suggestions ? Would V38 be the best ?
I researched Mothers, Meguiars and are solvent based too.
I've used Autoglym on my cars before and it is excellent. A mild paint correction and Autoglym or any quality ceramic coating would be incredible.

Look into Expel. It is a better product for PPF. you can ceramic coat on top if you desire. I have done my whole car and it’s great. A friend had a price of duct work hit his front bumper and damage the PPF but not a scratch on the paint. Good investment on your car investment.

X2 for Xpel. I had it on my 2017 Stingray - bra and mirrors. Lots of stone hits but mostly self healing. You can wax over it but did not find that to make an appreciable improvement in the appearance. Prior to installing the Expel the shop did a mild paint correction to remove any embedded grit. Now I have to get it done on the GS.

Thks for all your help.
I bought the last bottle of V38 from cem guys. They brought it over from mississauga warehouse
I still use 3m as I`m used to it and had no issues.

3M makes an excellent product....had a ZR1 completely wrapped in their top product and the clarity was amazing. All my other cars I have used Suntek as I found ot more clear than XPEL. Most PPF products can be ceramic coated.....but of course check with the manufacturer

Forget ceramic coating .
The future is Graphine coating. I`ve been toying with the idea for my C8, whenever I get it.
There are venders Adams and Elfos so far . Many vids and reviews. Its expense in Canada with pricing for DIY around $130.00 and , they say, very easy to apply.

Most reputable shops will wash and clay bar any area they are applying PPF to. I have also seen them use the Autoglym purple to remove any other oxidation from the paint. And yes Expel is probably the best product out there right now.
Wax it after the PPF is applied.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread