Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hello all. I was trying out plugging my phone into the USB port in my car yesterday, hoping that there would be some extra functionality when compared to connecting over Bluetooth, but it seems that that is not the case. Has that been your experience, or am I doing something wrong? A friend of mine has a new GMC truck, and when he plugs his phone into the port in it, it seems to have a lot more options available.
Dale

Maybe its a model year, trim level, or option issue. When plugged into mine, I have full functionality either through my phone or through the car. After it is plugged in, I go to the home screen and select Apple Car Play.

Reactions: 61ratvette
Hello all. I was trying out plugging my phone into the USB port in my car yesterday, hoping that there would be some extra functionality when compared to connecting over Bluetooth, but it seems that that is not the case. Has that been your experience, or am I doing something wrong? A friend of mine has a new GMC truck, and when he plugs his phone into the port in it, it seems to have a lot more options available.
Dale

Your 2015 doesn't have Apple car play Dale. It did not come out until 2016 models. Mine is the same.

There are a few companies now in Alberta that can upgrade 2014 & 2015 GM
vehicles with the OEM 2016 + features for Infotainment.
I wrote a thread on one of them a while back. It's a matter of contacting
them to see where these shops are hiding in Alberta now.
You may be fortunate and find a Dealership that might do it too.

There are many other options available now too but they would all be after-market
and although perhaps better with other features, not "original looking".

Not cheap ... but it is what it is.

INFOTAINMENT HARDWARE UPGRADES and 2014-2015 Corvettes to CarPlay

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.