Apr 8, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Hatch Base
Province
BC
So I was having problems with my brand new blower fan with a brand new control module not working. Like in a previous post I did all the tests sujested to me with no sucsess. It worked breifly then not. After cleaning and inspecting more ground points I went back to the control module. When I touched the plug from the wire loom to the module I noticed a lot of play. After holding the plug in a certian posistion the fan kicked in. So what I need to know is, does the plug from the wire loom to the control module have a rubber boot around it to keep it secure in it's place? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6289.JPG
    IMG_6289.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6288.JPG
    IMG_6288.JPG
    989.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6287.JPG
    IMG_6287.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
So I was having problems with my brand new blower fan with a brand new control module not working. Like in a previous post I did all the tests sujested to me with no sucsess. It worked breifly then not. After cleaning and inspecting more ground points I went back to the control module. When I touched the plug from the wire loom to the module I noticed a lot of play. After holding the plug in a certian posistion the fan kicked in. So what I need to know is, does the plug from the wire loom to the control module have a rubber boot around it to keep it secure in it's place? Any help would be appreciated.
Some of my connectors were loose, my mechanic used wire ties to hold them in place. Seems to have worked well as this was done at least 6 years ago and no problems. Hopefully it can be that simple.

My worry with this kind of solution is that when I am holding in place to make it run it has to be in a precise spot so if there is any movment it quits. It is in an awkard spot to get at if I have to adjust it down the road.