Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
More of a super early heads up. Our forum platform will be undergoing some fairly heavy surgery over the next 2 months. As with any major platform uplift we take this opportunity to do some clean up, remove some features that are seldom used, add new ones, break some stuff. Usual array of goodies.

The platform update will largely be familiar to all but some things will definitely change a bit for the better. In no particular order we will have more featured pages/posts, we will allow you to easily reorder threads by newest reply first or traditionally newest last, there will be a far more robust mobile app which we've had to reboot and will roll out with the upgrade. A lot of features that we had added after the fact are now part of the core platform so there will be a little bit of cleanup involved.

I'll keep this thread populated. If anyone wants to get some hands on the new CCF look and feel we have a Beta program available for you.

Reactions: ABC
Awesome !
If you need members to help test, as in the past, I am willing if able and permitted.
I truly know it's one of the few things where being destructive can be constructive.
I have a request but will PM ...

More of a super early heads up. Our forum platform will be undergoing some fairly heavy surgery over the next 2 months. As with any major platform uplift we take this opportunity to do some clean up, remove some features that are seldom used, add new ones, break some stuff. Usual array of goodies.

The platform update will largely be familiar to all but some things will definitely change a bit for the better. In no particular order we will have more featured pages/posts, we will allow you to easily reorder threads by newest reply first or traditionally newest last, there will be a far more robust mobile app which we've had to reboot and will roll out with the upgrade. A lot of features that we had added after the fact are now part of the core platform so there will be a little bit of cleanup involved.

I'll keep this thread populated. If anyone wants to get some hands on the new CCF look and feel we have a Beta program available for you.
Great news! I had issues with the mobile on my phone from time to time. Happy to beta too!

We're about a week away from launching our upgraded platform. Nifty summary of some upcoming features. There are a number of changes including a more refined way of presenting threads such as newest first, article threads as well as search forums based on search criteria that span many other forums. All too exciting to summarize in one shot without making you all fall asleep. New features will be rolled out to our beta group where feasible.

The process of migrating and updating the platform as well as all our various custom features has kicked off this evening. This should 'mostly' be seamless though any longer outages I will post up ahead of time as well as on our Twitter page.

We will initially migrate CCF to beefier hardware, do a bit of cleanup of unused features, do upgrade and then fix what's broken.

As such the following features will likely be culled as I see very little use of them:
1. CCF Blog - we will instead opt for a more automated featured thread system
2. Showcase - very seldom used so will not be replaced

OK,

Looking at Phase 1 of the upgrades starting tomorrow. To recap we will break it down into the following phases.

Outage should be minimal and what could possibly be ominous about doing it on a certain election day eh 😲 :Ack2::rolleyes:😨

Notices will be posted where possible to make sure the outage doesn't catch you in mid sentence.

Phase 1:
Migrate to new infrastructure.
Outage: Minimal (30mins or less)

Phase 2:
Platform upgrade and patching
Outage: 1-2 hours

Phase 3:
Feature uplift
Outage: Minimal

Users who are viewing this thread