Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
If you are like me with an order in for a new C8 with a TPW you are scared of the prospects for a plant shut down.
Here is the latest news on that.
Bowling Green is open, for now. As this is a moving target, we should consider that this situation could change.
Good news for now.

Fingers crossed!

I think that all auto plants will be evaluated individually. On the heels of the recent strike, GM needs production. All of the BIG Three and UAW are in this together to minimize the economic impact of any closures. I think they will spend money to establish employee screening and early detection of symptoms and educate them on social distancing in their off work hours. We will just have to wait and see how the US deals with the broader issues. They will balance the risk carefully as they cannot afford to shutter all manufacturing domestically. It will be a wait and see situation for sure. I am sure that the CCD will provide guidance on the appropriate actions to the auto sector.

Come on people you people are way over reacting.The US has now got a handle on the situation and l doubt very much that 3000 cases out of a population out of 300 million has and effect.

I wish that were true but evidence shows the opposite. It's way more than 3k people. That's 3k out of only some 20k that have been tested.

Overreacting is not a bad thing in this instance.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Come on people you people are way over reacting.The US has now got a handle on the situation and l doubt very much that 3000 cases out of a population out of 300 million has and effect.
I agree. I looked up some stats and found that every year 1.2 million people die in car crashes. Thats 3200 people a day. We think the virus is a threat? Bad drivers are a worse threat.

This is going to get worse before it gets better and it is growing and lets hope they get a hold of it.....I worked through SARS in Ontario and that was not fun....I just hope that nobody's family has to go through this especially peoples parents and infants....look outside ourselves and think of the ones whould would be impacted most.

Live Covid-19 Tracker

Be safe

Kevin

Was just chatting with my dealership and my status is now 3000 and he also assured me that they would stick to the agreed price on the car. With our Canuck Duck at a 17 year low I was concerned about the exchange. He assured me it would not effect the price. Since I have already paid for most of the car up front. Nice to know there are still ethical dealerships out there. He was almost definite I would get my convertible this year, but if this virus hangs on for a long time the 21 would be the same price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.