Jul 1, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1994 Convertible
Province
NL
Hi all. One of the previous owners of my car replaced the parking brake cables, but the hanger is missing near the driver's side rear wheel well and I'm wondering if they have it routed correctly. They zip-tied it and it is hanging down lower than it should. Gotta fix that! I had a look at the shop manual but it isn't quite clear as to how the routing should be (to my eyes).

Anyone have a pic of correctly routed cables?

Found it! It's in the chassis section that talks about the cross brace. As I suspected, it should be running over it.

Anyone know if the brace can be dropped on one corner without putting the car on a ramp? Probably easier than removing/re-installing the parking brake cable.

Reactions: OL Yeller
If you're talking about rear driver's side. I noticed the same on my '88. The previous owner must have done some parking brake work and didn't route the cable properly between the cross-brace and undercarriage. They used a cable tie to keep the slack created closer to the underside.

4 bolts to remove and you can drive a wedge between the cross-brace and the undercarriage to give you enough space. You can feel and see the notches for the cable to fit.

I had the car on jack stands, but I don't think its necessary for removing just the cross-brace bolts on one side.

'88 had these 2 rectangular spacer blocks that the bolts go through. They may need to be moved to slip the cable through.

Hope this is helpful.

Yeah. Sounds right. I can see the notches. I figured I'd drop the brace on the driver's side and back the bolts out a bit on the oass side to create some slack.

If you're talking about rear driver's side. I noticed the same on my '88. The previous owner must have done some parking brake work and didn't route the cable properly between the cross-brace and undercarriage. They used a cable tie to keep the slack created closer to the underside.

4 bolts to remove and you can drive a wedge between the cross-brace and the undercarriage to give you enough space. You can feel and see the notches for the cable to fit.

I had the car on jack stands, but I don't think its necessary for removing just the cross-brace bolts on one side.

'88 had these 2 rectangular spacer blocks that the bolts go through. They may need to be moved to slip the cable through.

Hope this is helpful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread