Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
I guess Covid is over. Haven't seen much “social distancing” in the US the last couple of days.

I guess Covid is over. Haven't seen much “social distancing” in the US the last couple of days.

That was sad. No excuses on that one. Glad they charged him.

100,000 dead and counting in the US alone. I get that sometimes you can’t social distance all the time, as we do need to go out to the store or to work, etc, but you do not need to go to the pool party, or the crowded beach or park, etc that we have seen footage of on the news.. OMG, people can be so selfish and stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
100,000 dead and counting in the US alone. I get that sometimes you can’t social distance all the time, as we do need to go out to the store or to work, etc, but you do not need to go to the pool party, or the crowded beach or park, etc that we have seen footage of on the news.. OMG, people can be so selfish and stupid.
Sadly, that situation will resolve itself if they continue to act as they do. The saddest part is others will also pay for thier....well, lay whatever label you want on them but I think we all know what words would be applied to the subject behaviour.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I put this over in the Billy Bob thread but it is applicable here as well

1590924588894.png
clip_image001.jpg

100,000 deaths is a large number. Bear in mind that is out of a population of 350 million. Canada’s Covid death toll is 7,100 out of a country of 35 million. Do the math.

FYI we still have flights arriving from China (has been the entire time), the US does/has not.
The President has continued to show up for work. The Prime Minister has not.

I wouldn't crow too loudly about how much better we have handled the last three months.

100,000 deaths is a large number. Bear in mind that is out of a population of 350 million. Canada’s Covid death toll is 7,100 out of a country of 35 million. Do the math.

FYI we still have flights arriving from China (has been the entire time), the US does/has not.
The President has continued to show up for work. The Prime Minister has not.

I wouldn't crow too loudly about how much better we have handled the last three months.
Ya, i do agree that the numbers aren’t that far off when considering it on a per capita basis, but it has slowed down considerably here in Canada, where in the USA, it seems that it has slowed in some areas, but picked up in others. As far as the President showing up for work, they might be better off if he didn’t! Given the stupid things that come out of his mouth, he should just shut up and rely on the experts instead of interjecting his personal opinions. Every “thought” or “idea“ he has on the situation need not come popping out of his mouth.

Ya, i do agree that the numbers aren’t that far off when considering it on a per capita basis, but it has slowed down considerably here in Canada, where in the USA, it seems that it has slowed in some areas, but picked up in others. As far as the President showing up for work, they might be better off if he didn’t! Given the stupid things that come out of his mouth, he should just shut up and rely on the experts instead of interjecting his personal opinions. Every “thought” or “idea“ he has on the situation need not come popping out of his mouth.
I guess drinkbox cardboardy water bottle sort of thing from Trudeau was an intellectual stroke of genius...😳

• Haha
Reactions: RockyPM
Alrighty, I can’t watch this lie being thrown around any longer without saying something. Lets dispel this “no worse than the flu” bullshit right now:

The flu is NOT as deadly as covid19. The flu is as communicable as covid, but not as deadly. Not by a long shot.

The numbers don’t lie:

Global Influenza deaths per year -

250,000-500,000 depending on the year.

Global deaths, covid 19:

371,00 (and still climbing)

So consider that the influenza stats are for a FULL infectious year and the covid 19 stats are (at best) back to nov 2019. So in roughly 6 months, covid has killed roughly 1.5x MORE than the LIGHTEST year of influenza. Its also well on track to kill more people in a full season of its FIRST year of emergence than the flu has in its WORST year. I almost don’t want to think about what 2021 will look like when/if covid19 is still around and theres no vaccine.

Also keep in mind that covid is just starting to hit poorer regions like Africa, Mexico and south america. Brazil is already burying people in mass graves. Russia is just starting to blow up (or finally admitting that they are). Many of the places that were trending down are now beginning to suspect they are starting to see the “second wave” at its beginning.

Yes, there is a “second wave” coming. You’re either lying to yourself or fooling yourself if you can’t (or won’t) see it. Every pandemic since we’ve started recording them has had a resurgence in the same year, or “second wave” if you prefer. The behaviour you see on tv at parks and beaches around the world should make it obvious why a second wave WILL happen.

Africa is going to be a total nightmare if/when covid19 gets its teeth into that poor, starving and war torn continent. People will be dying in multiples of thousands, daily. Everyone in poor overall health, crippling poverty, nearly no health care system, living in filth and squalor, eating/drinking whatever they can scrounge, leaders who take care of themselves by neglecting everyone else, near constant war somewhere on the continent, etc. Its going to be horrific if it gets a head of steam going there...

If you look at the cdc numbers for influenza and covid in USA, it only gets worse. Covid has already killed roughly twice the number of people in the USA than influenza does per year (cdc flu estimate for 2019-2020, 29,000-51,000 deaths). I’m willing to bet the social justice unrest going on down there right now is going to make the next covid19 blow out shockingly exponential....

Again, those cdc influenza stats for USA are for a FULL YEAR, covid 19 stats are for SIX MONTHS!

if anyone thinks the “common” flu is more deadly or covid is only as bad as the flu, you’re fooling yourself and you’ve swallowed that fool down south's load of politicized bullshit. Also don’t forget that influenza has multiple strains that emerge in a season, covid 19 is ONE strain of coronavirus and the number of dead equals ALL the strains of influenza deaths combined. God help humanity if covid19 mutates into multiple strains. Actually, covid19 already is a “second strain”. Its full name is severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2).

Yes, coronavirus covid19 is a strain of SARS, and SARS was just as deadly as SARSII, its just SARS was “caught” while we could do something about it and it pretty much didn’t get out of the asian continent. Ask the people of Japan how bad SARS was....we were lucky enough to not have it make the crossing as quickly as covid19 did.

Here’s another stat for you to consider: 50%.

thats the likelyhood you will live or die if you get covid, have to be hospitalized and have diabetes. ANY diabetes. Type I or type II. I’m pretty sure we all know by now what one of the most common ailments is in North America. You guessed right if you said diabetes.

And if you think you don’t have diabetes, and neither does anyone in your family, prepare to be shocked. A vast number of north americans are diabetic or pre-diabetic and don’t even know they have it. I’m a perfect example. 5’10”, 200 lbs, mostly muscle, but some fat for sure. When I was still in the military, I was even trimmer and stronger. I was a machine, I used to push trees over when we were out on survival exercises and needed firewood. The boys would call me everything from “bull moose” to “log skidder”. Pre-diabetes showed up in one of my aircrew medicals one year. I was shocked. Everyone I knew was shocked. I did everything I could for the next 4-5 years to hold it in check or eliminate it (diabetes will end your flying career). It didn’t matter, I eventually went full on type II diabetic. I never had any signs or symptoms. If I hadn’t have had to do a mandatory serilogy every year (aircrew), I never would have known. At least not until it went full blown and I started to have dizzy spells when my blood sugar went low.

No, covid is no joke gents. If you think you and yours are healthy and safe from it, think again. Hypertension, cholesterol, etc. All the most common NA aliments as a result of our lifestyles are exactly what this bug is looking for in regards to “underlying conditions” to get a leg up on you. And if/when it does get a leg up on you, it will put you down. Quite possibly down for good.

Perpetuating this “americanized” bullshit of trying to play it down is not helping anyone. It’s just putting more people’s lives at risk. Don’t believe it? Talk to my 28 brother and sisters in arms who went into those care homes in Ont/Que to help and came out infected, despite being “prepared” for it.

For cripes sake, they’re burying people in mass graves in New York city’s central park! We’re not talking about Bosnia or some other back water country where they kill people because they have a different last name or they weren’t born in the right village. Thats the USA, the wealthiest country on the planet and they’re burying people in mass graves. I’m amased every day about how calous and numb we’ve become to these types of horrors.

Stop and think about that again for a second: They’re burying USA citizens in unmarked mass grave in NYC central park!

Jeebus crisp, I’ve literally never seen anything like that in the developed world (WWII genocide aside) in my entire 54 years on this globe. That the entire world isn’t freaked right the eff out right now about mass grave sites all over the world is mind boggling.

I’ve seen “ethnic cleansing” mass graves and mass graves as a result of other (equally horrible) things in other parts of the world, but never in a “first world” nation. That it’s happening a mere few thousand kms away from our border should be enough to shock the shite out of everyone on its own. It should also scare the hell out of us.

My prediction? By the time the 2019/20 covid19 season is over, you will see a global death number above that 500,000 global flu deaths for the worst year. We’re almost there now and covid is still out there, still rolling right along.

Don’t fall for the “trumped up” bullshit. This is Canada, we’re smarter than that. Stick to the science, listen to the medical experts that have trained for this type of thing their whole professional lives.

Money means nothing if you’re dead...

Last edited:
Money means nothing if you’re dead...

So what do you suggest for the still working Joe Six Pack? Stay home with no income and lose everything (including possibly his life) or suckle on the toot of Mother Canada until our descent into Venezuela North is complete. I choose to live with the knowledge that an infinite amount of things on this planet may/can/will kill me, Covid-19 amongst them. With that decision made, I go to work, earn a living, pay my way, and contribute in a meaningful way to the world around me. Not blindly or foolishly but with an understanding that the world has been actively trying to kill me since conception. One day it will succeed.

No-one gets out of here alive.

I would also suggest that your comments regarding the mass graves are misleading.

So what do you suggest for the still working Joe Six Pack? Stay home with no income and lose everything (including possibly his life) or suckle on the toot of Mother Canada until our descent into Venezuela North is complete. I choose to live with the knowledge that an infinite amount of things on this planet may/can/will kill me, Covid-19 amongst them. With that decision made, I go to work, earn a living, pay my way, and contribute in a meaningful way to the world around me. Not blindly or foolishly but with an understanding that the world has been actively trying to kill me since conception. One day it will succeed.

No-one gets out of here alive.

I would also suggest that your comments regarding the mass graves are misleading.
Whatever man. Go out and work if tou want.

go french kiss a couple old folks in care homes if you want.

If tou don’t want to take any assistance to get through this, thats your choice.

I’m not telling anyone what to do, I have neither the authority or the want. Take the info or don’t. Your choice.

loosing money, or even everything you’ve worked for to this point is irrelevant if you're dead. Loose everything and still alive : start rebuilding your life. Go to work and pay rent, get sick and possibly die: its over.

or, you go out and get infected. You recover. But you pass it on to your wife or kids. They get sick and recover. Life is good right? Except you (or yours) pass it on when asymptomatic and the guy down the block, your parents or your grandparents die. Your choice, except now you’ve just made that choice for someone else.

and no, i was not “misleading”. They broadcast the drone images overflying the mass graves as they were being filled, in both NYC and Brazil. I don’t need a news report to tell me what my own eyes have seen. Who gives a flying eff if its hart island or central park, they’ve burying people in mass graves. unclaimed bodies, but ANY unclaimed bodies. Its also a shocking number being interned there, says so in your own references.

Look, I’m not here to argue. You clearly have an agenda. Do as you wish. Just stay the hell away from me as you do it.

I’m done with this BS. Time for me to sign off and leave the forum for a couple months. You guys go right ahead and rail on to your hearts content....I’m gone.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread