YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Hello, I am posting this Titled Thread so that everyone can find it quickly.
Grab a copy of it as this thread might be blended later with other threads as a compilation of this Epic Event.
I would ask to keep this in it's own thread as we refer others who are not on CCF to get a copy …
If you are New here to CCF - Please join CCF in the New Members Section & introduce yourself with a photo of your ride (this will be the easiest way for you to be able to download this photo)
This Photo was taken by my Wife, Freda and I can be reached via a PM on this site and/or by email
[email protected] - Cheers!
(resolution has been reduced to bring the size of this photo down for posting on this site - we have a much larger file available for those who would like it)
Please post a tag here of those who you know would want this photo
by doing a @CCF-name as in @SN-III and @ddgermann in your message - thanks
meet_in_the_middle.jpg

Last edited:
Police authorities all over the country are studying that photo right now.:ROFL:

What a great shot Freda. What an incredible event that all of you made happen.

Ya that photo was taken prior to the window tint sting operation.
It’s safe to post the pic now as I have paid the fine and have proof of the removal.
Although it looks like James is pulling big Gs and not signaling that lane change. 😱

Ya that photo was taken prior to the window tint sting operation.
It’s safe to post the pic now as I have paid the fine and have proof of the removal.
Although it looks like James is pulling big Gs and not signaling that lane change. 😱
Freda is amazing getting a photo when the turn signal blinks off @JamesP

We know that double-dipping tint sting toward you "D" was showing an action of going above and beyond
in what appears to be a condescending way - and we know a few of his colleagues just might silently concur.

With a tremendous respect for every first-responder when in harms way, sadly comes
a "YYSSW" Award from me with someone who is doing no harm with Alberta-legal tint

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Freda is amazing getting a photo when the turn signal blinks off @JamesP

We know that double-dipping tint sting toward you "D" was showing an action of going above and beyond
in what appears to be a condescending way - and we know a few of his colleagues just might silently concur.

With a tremendous respect for every first-responder when in harms way, sadly comes
a "YYSSW" Award from me with someone who is doing no harm with Alberta-legal tint

Turns out he was correct. Tint film of any kind beside or in front of the driver is not legal in Alberta.
It’s supposed to allow easy access to the occupants in case of an accident. So rear window tint film of any shade is legal... thus the rear passengers (if so possible) are on their own in this case. 😱
The real reason (as quoted by an unnamed cooler RCMP who shook his head apologetically as he confirmed my 35% tint was indeed removed) is so they as law enforcement can see what is going on in the car when they approach. He personally was cool with 35% and would not make it an issue unless he was inspired to do so.
I’m all for protecting those that protect us but the Saskatchewan guy was purely and deliberately targeting someone who he perceived as having something he either does not have or can’t get. A personal thing clearly.
Some days you breeze through and others are interrupted by a dick.
No big deal.
👍

Another reason against tint would be the opportunity for pedestrians and other drivers to be able to make eye contact with the driver in situations that require it.
I know if I am walking across a road it reassures me that the driver can see me, has seen me and is aware I am crossing or am close.

Percentages of tint is certainly a subjective matter.

Graham

Another reason against tint would be the opportunity for pedestrians and other drivers to be able to make eye contact with the driver in situations that require it.
I know if I am walking across a road it reassures me that the driver can see me, has seen me and is aware I am crossing or am close.

Percentages of tint is certainly a subjective matter.

Graham

Yes correct Graham. That is quoted as one of the main reasons. Which does make sense. But with 35% it’s not an issue. They can clearly see you looking at them. Real life has demonstrated this to me many times when they are looking right at your eyes and give you a little “ok you see me” wave. 😀

What’s the law there in BC?

I'm definitely no expert on tint for windows. There are many blacked-out driver windows on the streets
here in Calgary. I think it would be best policed by insurance companies waiving any accident claims if the windows beside and in front of the driver are impaired from factory specification. This would make the point rather clear. Otherwise this is just a money-grab from the tint companies performing services that are not street legal. At least 1 of 5 of the Helicopter Parent pickup rides at the Separate School across the street from me are illegally tinted. I actually don't mind as some of these people are pretty ugly to look at. :Smuggrin:

I'm joining in on derailing when the company is good :angelic:

Last edited:
Let's keep this off the rails then, no tint is allowed in the front of a vehicle in Newfoundland. You can tint the back windows all you want. One thing I want to highlight from the perspective of a first responder at an accident. If we have to break out a window and there is tint on it, we are going to be delayed getting to the injured people inside. It could come down to us having to use a windshield saw to cut out a window to allow us access. Having said that, cutting a window with the saw is not time consuming; maybe a minute or two if there are no complications. But it is still an unnecessary delay when you are injured inside and we are trying to get to you. Just my 12 cents worth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread