I'm envious. Like and plate and the car it represents! Not everyone needs to be able to understand the code but I'm certain that all those who know will appreciate it.
Personally, I think it was a very thoughtful gift.
My wife gave me my personalized plate "FOR SAIL". I not sure what she exactly meant by it. Perhaps she wants me to buy a boat as well ... lol

Raza,
as you posed the question......what do YOU not feel is right
with the plate ??
I agree with the others...the plate is more than fine.

Terry,
I always thought your wife was being polite...plate should read
FOR SALE .
The implication being that from her perspective both you and the car
could go !! [g].

Tony, [ with apologies.]
welland

Raza,
as you posed the question......what do YOU not feel is right
with the plate ??
I agree with the others...the plate is more than fine.

Terry,
I always thought your wife was being polite...plate should read
FOR SALE .
The implication being that from her perspective both you and the car
could go !! [g].

Tony, [ with apologies.]
welland

You have a point there Tony. perhaps a wise thing I never pulled the trigger and bought one. Don't need to rock the proverbial "boat" ...

I'm confused! It looks odd to me: maybe this is why:

Why the french on the bottom, is that an option now, what happened to "yours to discover" ? Looks to me like someone screwed up ....... maybe with a Quebecois licence plate you will only need one on the rear? Should be a flour-de-lei instead of a crown in the corner? Just sayin' it looks odd to me also, wrong in so many ways! Get my meaning? :canada:

1085d1388908218-personalized-licence-plate-photo.png

Last edited:
Please correct my mistakes.

Sorry for the late reply..

Re:Tony & All

TSorry for the late reply..

Re:Tony & All

Thank you so much, you guys are awesome!

I would like to share this story with all members.

When I had a BMW my cousin wanted to gift me a personalized license plate. He made an account under my name on same BMW(forum) website to take suggestions.

I don't remember the exact question, but he asked something like that
" He wants to buy a personalized license plate-> "7 Series" and need their suggestions?"

He saved their replies for me.

Please see their replies to him.

================================================================================
1.Are you just trying to tell everyone you drive a “7 Series”? I think it is a bit immature, personally. It looks like someone screaming for attention to those that know what a 7 series is. If you look close you will find many people that debagged the car of all numbers and so forth.

2.LOL is all I did after reading this thread.

3.Just put "Eight SerieZ" , imagine the attention then, "oh is this an eight series? I thought they discontinued those?"

just go up in series = more attention

4."M7" and done.

5.dumb idea you wont last long here ...

6.Ok, I don't get this. A 21 y/o with a 7 series. I was still in undergrad at that time and had nothing to my name. It was only until I was 30+ that I finally had any income after undergrad/grad school/training. Even then I had to wait until my 40's when I was financially stable enough to get my car. I don't get all these "young kids" with these cars. What am I missing in life here that kids have this kind of cash just a few years out of high school???

7.Family money, lotto or some other form of easy street.
Now, there ARE exceptions of course. However, those that work hard enough to afford such luxuries, generally don't feel the need for internet approval on a personalized plate.
But, what do I know? I'm only 28, and work 7 days a week.

8.Here's my recommendation. Just leave your plate and debadge your vehicle. You will actually get lots more attention that way. I typically get 2-3 comments a week with people commenting on how they like the car and ask what it is since it is debadged. It actually peaks their interest more. Reverse psychology my friend.

9.I'd go with MOMS BMW

10.Yeah sure of it...
I don't know what it is like where you are from, but here in Australia, you can get personalised plates that are exactly like normal ones... except you chose the combination.
E.g a normal one would be like mine: WOC486
and then you see some personalised plates that are like: LJP203
like WTF?! Why would you waste money on something that NO ONE but you and a few close friends and family can decode!!

Last one: how about J BIEBER ?
================================================================================

Even if this was a bad idea I don't think that's the right way to talk to someone who needs help.He was so embarrassed and disheartened this to anyone. When I get to know about this, I get very upset buy I asked my brother be patience

Today, I showed him your replies. I said, look how many people appreciate your choice. He was so happy after seeing your replies.

I think in that forum most people were over 40 and they were thinking that It was my dad's car.They didn't know that I've changed 4 cars in the last 3 years and BMW was the second last one. Please don't think I'm showing off. I consider myself nothing and he didn't like show off.

Maybe some of you find this immature, but I don't mind because the fact is I m still 23 and don't have much life experience as you do! I respect my elders and learn from them.

I'm very sorry to wasting your time! :)

Take care

Raza

“Patience ensures victory.”
― Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S

Attachments

• 899_688317469_n.jpg
    899_688317469_n.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 8
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.