I used this product the other day on the ZR1 and can give it a thumbs up. Sometime during the summer of 2020 was driving the car and picked up a rock chip on the w/shield. It was not big and wasn't a star hit or bullseye just a ping on the w/shield about 2mm diameter and not very deep. I thought nothing of it but decided to visit a Speedy glass to see if they could repair it. As it wasn't deep enough for them to repair using their method they told me it was not necessary to repair at that time and if it does start spreading and/or gets worse then come back for the repair.

Deep inside my head I'm thinking "well, the whole idea of wanting it repaired was so that it doesn't spread and or needing to replace the w/shield".

Fast forward 3+ years, the rock chip didn't spread but seeing it really bugged me this whole time so the search was on to see what can be done. So on YT saw a few vids using this product on rock hits that were way worse and the repair looked good. It didn't totally remove the bullseye or star chips in the vids but made it look a lot better and better than them getting worse and spreading.

So I bought a kit and used it the other day and was very impressed, again my chip was tiny and it is practically gone. You have to be really close up on the w/shield in that area to see a tiny tiny mark where the resin went but for all intents and purposes the chip is gone.

I have to say C7 windshields must be thinner than other glass, specifically when compared to C6 cars as I had a Z06. I remember a few rocks pinging off the glass in my C6Z and noticed not even a mark on that car but the C7 glass is fragile.

Tony

Last edited:
Agree with @Matt_Orleans on the pictures but even with a pro camera that would probably be difficult to achieve. Thanks for the heads up on this product, I have a similar mark on my windshield that my eye is immediately drawn to. Damn logging trucks!
Try some Ajax, or Comet on a wet microfibre cloth/wet glass.
Claybar might work too, if you have some handy.

The best picture I could take of the repaired area, the arrow points to where the chip was and how it looks now.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20230602_135404.jpg
    InkedIMG_20230602_135404.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
I used this product the other day on the ZR1 and can give it a thumbs up. Sometime during the summer of 2020 was driving the car and picked up a rock chip on the w/shield. It was not big and wasn't a star hit or bullseye just a ping on the w/shield about 2mm diameter and not very deep. I thought nothing of it but decided to visit a Speedy glass to see if they could repair it. As it wasn't deep enough for them to repair using their method they told me it was not necessary to repair at that time and if it does start spreading and/or gets worse then come back for the repair.

Deep inside my head I'm thinking "well, the whole idea of wanting it repaired was so that it doesn't spread and or needing to replace the w/shield".

Fast forward 3+ years, the rock chip didn't spread but seeing it really bugged me this whole time so the search was on to see what can be done. So on YT saw a few vids using this product on rock hits that were way worse and the repair looked good. It didn't totally remove the bullseye or star chips in the vids but made it look a lot better and better than them getting worse and spreading.

So I bought a kit and used it the other day and was very impressed, again my chip was tiny and it is practically gone. You have to be really close up on the w/shield in that area to see a tiny tiny mark where the resin went but for all intents and purposes the chip is gone.

I have to say C7 windshields must be thinner than other glass, specifically when compared to C6 cars as I had a Z06. I remember a few rocks pinging off the glass in my C6Z and noticed not even a mark on that car but the C7 glass is fragile.

Tony
Thanks for sharing your experience with that windshield repair product. It's always great to hear success stories, especially when they save you from having to replace the whole windshield. 😅 If it worked well on your ZR1, it might just be the solution for others too. And you're right, getting rid of those pesky chips can be quite satisfying. If anyone else is curious about it, they can check out Crack Eraser's website (crackeraser.com) for more info. Safe driving with that clear windshield! 🚗🪟👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.