gdh

Regular
Jul 26, 2015
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1972 Convertible
Just rec'd their latest sale flyer. How are these guys still in business? I decided to price the FiTech efi 600hp unit. It retails for $999 US. Their idea of a sale is $1824 Cdn (save the tax). Taking exchange into acct this is rediculous, plus they do not have product in stock you have to wait just like if ordering from the US. A few frends were at their "big" spring sale, they said lot of ppl came through the store but were walking out with small inexpensive items if any. Cdn Tire through the perf catalogue has better prices for many of the same products. Easy to see why so many Cdn retailers have vanished. When I replaced my original engine with a new ZZ383 Deluxe 2 summers ago I put my list of parts together and shopped Cdn resellers and US. The engine came from a GTA GM dealership as I got a great price ($5500 Cdn delivered). Virtually everything else was bought in the US. Last month I rec'd my $917 Cdn ($700 US) engine goodwill rebate from GM. A friend of mne who has a fair sized shop specializing in Corvettes gets well over 90% of his parts from the states.
Sorry, rant over, would like to keep my $ up here but ...

I get a copy of their magazine in the mail, along with any flyer's. To be honest Greg, I've thought the same thing. Sourcing parts for our hobby through these guys would take up a lot of my fun money, that's for sure. Hope all is well.

I agree with you guys, PI is expensive and I think always has been. The question then is why have they been in business so long? Very competitive industry, especially with the internet, and yet the business Bob started so many years ago at Kipling and the Queensway still survives. They moved to the bigger store on the Queensway and now the one further north, I think his sons run it now.

Always liked Bob, and as kids it was another place to hang around and see unique cars. I did not know they still sent out their flyers, I guess I forgot to give them my new address. Bob sponsored my buddy for several years. Still enjoy saying hello to him.

zjqhsXm.jpg

I gave them yet another chance and dropped by the other day to purchase a transmission mount, differential carrier mounts and solid Spicer u-joints. The guy working there was so rude saying he didn't recognize the part numbers I provided. I explained that he should look them up on the Summit website.

He looks up the 3 parts I need then says he doesn't carry anything that I need.

Okay, I went home and ordered everything from Summit.

Les

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.