Casual User
Mar 15, 2019
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06, 3LZ, M7
Province
ON
Can someone please tell me how much recording time I should get with a 32 GB SD card on the PDR in my 2019 Z06? Currently it shows max. 24 minutes, but when I look at the US Corvette owner YouTube videos, these guys are showing up to 900 minutes? Thanks.

Ok, thank you. It was new with no files or pictures. Where can I get a reformatting tool for FAT32 for free? I am using Windows 10 and it only offers exFAT formatting. When I look online the format programs charge a fee for their download. Thanks again.

Ok, thank you. It was new with no files or pictures. Where can I get a reformatting tool for FAT32 for free? I am using Windows 10 and it only offers exFAT formatting. When I look online the format programs charge a fee for their download. Thanks again.

I use a Mac but you should be easily be able to format your memory card.

Here is how to do it and an explanation as to why you only get 5 minutes now.

Good luck. 👍

• Useful
Reactions: frankmp and 12cents
A method is also in the DIY section right here on your CCF ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Can someone please tell me how much recording time I should get with a 32 GB SD card on the PDR in my 2019 Z06? Currently it shows max. 24 minutes, but when I look at the US Corvette owner YouTube videos, these guys are showing up to 900 minutes? Thanks.
I have a 32GB SD card in my Caddy with 340+ 'songs' and it is only about half full.

PDR fun.
After nearly a year, I had to try to make this work.
Had a new 64gb stuck in the car for months. PDR said no card installed.
I dl'd something from a link provided (ty), to reformat to FAT32.
On a 1 - 10 I'm a 1 when it comes to puter stuff.
So I spent about 4hrs with no success. Card never got found by the car. SanDisk 64gb class 10.
Went to Canada Computers. Kingston 32gb class 10 on sale for 8 bucks.
Why not?
Popped it in. Instantly lit up with 760 minutes left.
So I tried it.
It works great!!!!
Love it.

Reactions: BDK and ddgermann
PDR fun.
After nearly a year, I had to try to make this work.
Had a new 64gb stuck in the car for months. PDR said no card installed.
I dl'd something from a link provided (ty), to reformat to FAT32.
On a 1 - 10 I'm a 1 when it comes to puter stuff.
So I spent about 4hrs with no success. Card never got found by the car. SanDisk 64gb class 10.
Went to Canada Computers. Kingston 32gb class 10 on sale for 8 bucks.
Why not?
Popped it in. Instantly lit up with 760 minutes left.
So I tried it.
It works great!!!!
Love it.

I’m using a 128 GB card that took 5 minutes to format on a Mac with no external software.
The big key is choosing the correct card I think. The expensive ones are actually better it seems. I’ve formatted 32, 64 and 128 cards for my car. I have a tendency to misplace them. Usually later found plugged in Michelle’s computer with a bunch of jewelry pictures on it... 😀
Not sure which one is in the car now as I haven’t seen it since April.

Glad yours worked out good for you.

Careful of fakes lads. SD cards are probably the largest counterfeit targets in the IT world. Buying from Amazon or a store won't protect you as they make their way into the supply chain. You may not even know you have a fake until it hits the real limit of the card and starts overwriting and corrupting itself.

Best way to tell is to unwrap it, pop it in and write a file that takes up at least 3/4 of its capacity. If it works you're safe to use it.

At one point it was claimed that close to 20% of inmarket SD cards were counterfeit ie essentially much smaller capacity cards made to look like higher cap ones.

Careful of fakes lads. SD cards are probably the largest counterfeit targets in the IT world. Buying from Amazon or a store won't protect you as they make their way into the supply chain. You may not even know you have a fake until it hits the real limit of the card and starts overwriting and corrupting itself.

Best way to tell is to unwrap it, pop it in and write a file that takes up at least 3/4 of its capacity. If it works you're safe to use it.

At one point it was claimed that close to 20% of inmarket SD cards were counterfeit ie essentially much smaller capacity cards made to look like higher cap ones.

Wow I had no idea about this. But unfortunately not surprised.

More useful information from the dark secret world of IT.
Thanks Nik.

A 32GB will give you aprox 12 hours, A 64GG will give you 25 hours and a 256 gb (amazing price attached) gives you a whopping 105 hours! Here is the link for the best price for this card I have seen so far! CORVETTE C8 C7 C6 Z06 ZR1 Grand Sport STINGRAY PDR SD 256 GB Memory Video Card | eBay Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.