Hey Bob...Welcome to the forum.... a 64GB or even more will work but the card has to be formatted to FAT32. Also, a Class 10 card works the best... Happy recording... :thumbs:

Hello
I have two 64Gb cards ... they are lexar Platinum ii type 10. Had to reformat with my MacBook to fat32. One of my cards has my entire lake Louise cruise and not even 1/2 used up yet. I had a bit of difficulty formatting them with win 10, so I gave into my 15yr olds advice to just use our MacBook ... what do I know. Hope this is of help to you and that you have good fortune recording ... it has saved my bacon already (3M replacement thread) recording damage to my car. Use the PDR just about everytime I drive as I don't have to worry about maxing out with 64Gb cards

Last edited:
IMG_1717.PNG
Hey Mike maybe the Alberta Government will buy one for you to continue with your Alberta Tourism videos. Worth asking I think.:thumbs:

Ok,ill give her a call. :Ack2: :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent08
As mostly said your card needs to be formatted as fat32 filesystem. The asinine thing is that MS Windows will not format fat32 on any card bigger than 32 gigs so you need to download an aftermarket tool. Lots to choose from.

That's pretty much how I use mine. If I plan to upload to youtube and share with people I set it in camera only mode so as not to overlay the kph... no need in everyone knowing how.... errrr... slow that I drive.... :rolleyes:

As mostly said your card needs to be formatted as fat32 filesystem. The asinine thing is that MS Windows will not format fat32 on any card bigger than 32 gigs so you need to download an aftermarket tool. Lots to choose from.

If/when I get a great price deal on a 64Gb, I will try the reformat on my MacBook and report back.
I think MacBook will do it ... although you will need to have one ... hmmm another thing for me to sustain a retirement plan maybe ...

Would love to see one. Seen a few on YT and it looks cool. Something I'd have on all the time. Especially on road trips.

Here's a non-exciting little clip from a couple weeks ago run to Big Valley. Sorry about the windshield glare. Depending on the angle of the sun, I do get some reflections... lol... The recording mode can be set for various sport and track options with gps as well. Or you can shut it all off and just get the video alone... no superimposed data.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.