Jun 21, 2016
Brampton, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2022 HTC
Anyone have any experience with the new Corvette PDR (Performance Data Recorder) producing a corrupted file? Took my chip out and the last video or several recordings had a ".raw" extension after the .MP4 extension. Normally the file just has the .MP4 extension. Have tried several photo editing software products and none appear to be able to open the file - david

Anyone have any experience with the new Corvette PDR (Performance Data Recorder) producing a corrupted file? Took my chip out and the last video or several recordings had a ".raw" extension after the .MP4 extension. Normally the file just has the .MP4 extension. Have tried several photo editing software products and none appear to be able to open the file - david

Sounds like the video wasn't terminated properly. As the PDR is running Cosworth software you *should* be able to open and re-save it using their Cosworth Toolbox.

Quick google search produces this link (you need to register to get the link I think):
Toolbox for Corvette - Cosworth

Yep it certainly did not shut down properly, car was hit hard by another C7 who lost control on Tail of The Dragon last week came across the road and broad sided me - see attached picture. Side airbag blew and everything except 4 way flashers shut down. Lots of things happen when an airbag is deployed and it appears that the PDR does not handle accidents well either. Thanks for the advice, I use Cosworth Toolbox and really like it but it won't open a file with a ".raw" extension and if I change the file name by taking the ".raw" extension off and just leaving the ".MP4" extension Cosworth then gives me a corrupt file message. Have handed the file over to an IT guru to see what he can do with it. My main concern now is that his insurance company may want to fix it as I have full replacement value insurance which means a big nut for a new Grand Sport. Fortunately no one was hurt beyond bruises. Been on that road with our motorcycles a number of times, thank god not this time.
2018-08-23 Corvette onwrecker C (Medium).jpg
20180823_141434 (Medium).jpg
P1110403 (Medium).JPG

Yep it certainly did not shut down properly, car was hit hard by another C7 who lost control on Tail of The Dragon last week came across the road and broad sided me - see attached picture. Side airbag blew and everything except 4 way flashers shut down. Lots of things happen when an airbag is deployed and it appears that the PDR does not handle accidents well either. Thanks for the advice, I use Cosworth Toolbox and really like it but it won't open a file with a ".raw" extension and if I change the file name by taking the ".raw" extension off and just leaving the ".MP4" extension Cosworth then gives me a corrupt file message. Have handed the file over to an IT guru to see what he can do with it. My main concern now is that his insurance company may want to fix it as I have full replacement value insurance which means a big nut for a new Grand Sport. Fortunately no one was hurt beyond bruises. Been on that road with our motorcycles a number of times, thank god not this time. View attachment 19794View attachment 19795View attachment 19796

Ouch, sorry to see and hear that but glad you're ok. Not much you can do other than send them off to a recovery service if the vids are that important to you. Recovery services can be potentially costly depending on the amount of corruption.

Hmmm...
#1 My Full replacement insurance here (Alberta) means my insurance company takes care of me …
then the opposing company battles with mine, leaving me free and clear of the worry/hassle.
We have been there and done it … just had to battle (negotiate) with the right new vehicle options on a lot.

#2 The video file, create redundant copies to keep it safe (3 or more in different locations) so that you never lose it.
PM me a copy of the file should you like me to try … can't promise anything but it makes for
interesting conversation in my geek circles. I can see why you need it …

#3 Most important above all, hope you are physically well while you sort through this challenging mess ….

Hmmm...
#1 My Full replacement insurance here (Alberta) means my insurance company takes care of me …
then the opposing company battles with mine, leaving me free and clear of the worry/hassle.
We have been there and done it … just had to battle (negotiate) with the right new vehicle options on a lot.

#2 The video file, create redundant copies to keep it safe (3 or more in different locations) so that you never lose it.
PM me a copy of the file should you like me to try … can't promise anything but it makes for
interesting conversation in my geek circles. I can see why you need it …

#3 Most important above all, hope you are physically well while you sort through this challenging mess ….
Yes we are "No Fault" here in Ontario too but since the accident happened in Tennessee their rules apply even though the other car was from Quebec. However, my insurance company manages the claim on my behalf and then bills the other company . Because of the car and the location in rural Tennessee they have had to bring in a specialized adjuster to examine the car so still no resolution to the fate of the Grand Sport. The corrupted file is nearly 1Gb so I'll pm you a link to a Dropbox. Appreciate any efforts you can do.

Yes we are "No Fault" here in Ontario too but since the accident happened in Tennessee their rules apply even though the other car was from Quebec. However, my insurance company manages the claim on my behalf and then bills the other company . Because of the car and the location in rural Tennessee they have had to bring in a specialized adjuster to examine the car so still no resolution to the fate of the Grand Sport. The corrupted file is nearly 1Gb so I'll pm you a link to a Dropbox. Appreciate any efforts you can do.
OK … I will give her a go … 1Gb is quite the long drive :thumbs: but shitty ending :Rage:

File File should not be big as the period of time recorded was only less than 10 minutes which is another suspicious thing about the file. Can't figure out how to PM you but here is the link.
Dropbox - 180823_132300_00005_-recording.mp4.raw
OK, you now have another backup of the file … I will let you know ...
(PM is by hitting the little envelope beside the user name on the right … I will do that and start a conversation now …)

Sorry to hear about your luck. Glad everyone was ok. There is quite the discussion over at Corvetteforum about this crash...
Two C7's Collide on the Dragon - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

@DavidWG Sucks that you got hit but glad you're ok David. Hope the insurance journey is a smooth one for you.

I cancelled my gold membership over there due to the toxic garbage that pours out of some of those clowns. The thread is pretty much the standard tone over there. Bunch of heroes calling people names with 0 facts. SMH :rolleyes:

Hey thanks for the heads up on the Corvette Forum. I am a long time member of that forum but have not looked on it in months as I find the discourse quickly descends into name calling and other general bulls**t. The discussion of my accident was typical, lots of debate about black vs chrome wheels and numerous "experts" debating who was at fault and who would be stupid enough to ride the Dragon. Just to see them eat their words I posted a very detailed description of the accident. Despite being hit by another C7 I do not hate him. He made one stupid mistake and I am more than a little annoyed at that mistake. But on the other hand he was man enough to admit full fault and not try and wiggle out of his obligation. Hopefully the insurance company will declare it a total loss as I am not anxious to have the car back after suffering that much damage but they may try and fix it. After all a new GS will be $100k by the time you add in the tax etc. Just glad we were not on our motorcycle as we were when we were there exactly two years ago - see attached.
1274440 (1024x683).jpg

I have "no joy" to report back to you from my two friends on this corrupt file.
I appreciate that you allowed me to give it a go. I have one more
thought but it will be a real long shot. I am going to put the file
on an SD Card and put it into my Corvette PDR and see if it
will play and/or somehow finalize so that the file becomes readable.

I must say that other Forum has me bewildered why people have to be
so anal towards others they do not know and from the perspective and
position of just being a "spectator" and/or "news commentator".

… I am going to put the file on an SD Card and put it into my Corvette PDR and see if it will play and/or somehow finalize so that the file becomes readable ...
… "no joy" with that idea too ...
My hope is that someone can be contacted at Cosworth to see if they have a proprietary method to access the file and/or part of it.

There are plenty of video repair software tools. Free ones include vlc player and a site I've yet to try called Fix.video | Repair damaged, unplayable video files online. Cosworth I'm sure has a process but unless you're known to them may not be able to provide you with the tools. Maybe if you pay them they will.

If you google raw and mp4 video repair you'll get a good sense of what's out there to play with that's free.

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
I have "no joy" to report back to you from my two friends on this corrupt file.
I appreciate that you allowed me to give it a go. I have one more
thought but it will be a real long shot. I am going to put the file
on an SD Card and put it into my Corvette PDR and see if it
will play and/or somehow finalize so that the file becomes readable.

I must say that other Forum has me bewildered why people have to be
so anal towards others they do not know and from the perspective and
position of just being a "spectator" and/or "news commentator".

Well after some administrative mis-steps my insurance has contacted me and advised me that the 2017 Grand Sport has been declared a total loss - no real surprise there but considerable relief. Since I have full replacement value endorsement they quickly provided me with an offer of settlement which seemed a bit low. I questioned their methodology and they sent me the work sheet which had a detailed breakdown of a new GS equipped exactly as my 2017. However, it was for a 2018 which has a nice big fat rebate of $5600 on it these days. I have sent it back and explained that the 2018 model has been out of production for 7 months now. They appeared to be genuinely surprised. It may have been the fault of the Chev dealer they were working with, Addison West Chev in Mississauga. I am now waiting for a reply from the Insurance company. I am not terribly optimistic about finding a 2019 2LT, Watkins Glen coloured GS with chrome wheels, navigation and a M7 plus a few other goodies like red calipers, heritage pkg. May have to factory order in which case will likely defer delivery until April. No sense taking delivery in late October or November only to put it in storage for 5 months.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.