Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
with the proliferation of restoration themed car shows on tv, the new buzzword seems to be "patina". since when is pitted, peeling paint and surface rust a desirable thing ? it seems to have spilled over from the rat rod crowd, which i don't get either. perhaps my shark does'nt need new paint afterall.......maybe its just got great "patina". :rofl:

Not me. My black 85 is original paint. I would love to be able to put a fresh coat on it to get rid of the swirls and small chips. Maybe the word "Patina" is translated in English to "paint"?

Doug is just jealous of these guys because his shark isn't developing that rusty patina look. ;) I don't get this trend either. When we bought the 396 Chevelle back in the fall of '97, it had patina, also known as old, dried out paint. By the following spring, it looked like a new car. When I was a kid, we didn't have much so we appreciated it when we got something nice and we looked after it. It sort of stuck with me over the years. If I want patina, I need look no farther than our poor old '87 S-10 truck. It is getting faded and really isn't worth painting. It does deserve it though. The poor old truck just keeps trucking along. Nothing ever quits or breaks and it does everything it is supposed to do. I have thought of putting the LT1 and OD transmission in it and give it a paint job. It would make a neat little cruise night truck.....but it would have to have decent paint. No rat rod for me.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread