Casual User
Mar 15, 2019
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06, 3LZ, M7
Province
ON
I lost the ability to use the passive unlock on my C7 Z06. Neither doors or hatch unlock without pressing the FOB buttons. I did some upgrades over the winter, adding sound deadener to the back hatch floor and inside wheel wells. I also recently added a MGW short throw shifter. Both jobs were done after removing the negative battery terminal, carpet and center console. I have tried everything to no avail. FOB battery brand new Panasonic, tested at over 3 volts. I did see the two antennae for the keyless signals, one in the back hatch with the other electronics, fuses etc. and the one in the center console back between the driver and passenger seats. Both were attached to their wiring harness plugs as I reinstalled everything. I tried setting the DIC back to factory specs and then turning on passive unlock and passive lock, etc. The outside door handle pads work fine, once I unlock the doors with the FOB. Still no go. After searching threads for more ideas, I found nothing. I was wondering if maybe the aluminum backing on the sound absorbing mat may be the culprit, but I don't see why.
Any help would be appreciated, before I head to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread