PITA

Casual User
Jan 31, 2017
Georgetown Ontario
VetteCoins
This will be year 3 with my GS and I can`t believe I haven`t taken it on track - too many excuses! But I`m a bit ashamed of myself so this year I`m gonna goddamn go!

That said, it`s been a few years (on 4 wheels and 2) so I`m being a bit careful with who I`ll be sharing the track with, plus I don`t want to do a full day as I don`t want to fully destroy brakes and tires.

Does anyone track their C7 on here in Ontario and if so where, with who and are you going this year❓

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: EJChevy
I have a friend who is very active in motorsports these days. He's hosting his own track day which will be geared for beginners and is low-tolerance for poor driving etiquette. I took part last year and it was an absolute blast and didn't have any issues with anyone else on the track. The cost to go is fair. There were 4 or 5 C7's on the track last year.

It takes place at Shannonville during the Civic Holiday in August.

More details:

Oh, and they have a time-attack, LS-swapped Miata.

I'm posting up a bunch of events that may be of interest to you as well. Mostly PMSC and OMSC auto-X.

Ontario Time Attack does half day lapping and are very well run events. The lapping run groups are separate from the competition run groups.

If you're on the conservative side, it's probably best to stay away from track run lapping events and look for a reputable track day organiser. There aren't many half day events out there, so unless you're willing to pay for a full day and only get half, your options are limited. There are few good schools in Ontario you could look into as well - Ian Law, Hanson, Time Attack, etc.

Ontario Time Attack does half day lapping and are very well run events. The lapping run groups are separate from the competition run groups.

If you're on the conservative side, it's probably best to stay away from track run lapping events and look for a reputable track day organiser. There aren't many half day events out there, so unless you're willing to pay for a full day and only get half, your options are limited. There are few good schools in Ontario you could look into as well - Ian Law, Hanson, Time Attack, etc.

I'll second OTA. Great people, very serious about their cars and performance.

Reactions: G-ForceJunkie

I'd be weary of going to Togue if you haven't been on a track in a long time and don't want to mess up your car. I've spoken to a number of people to took part in these events and there's a lot of drivers who don't care about the rules and will drive dangerously for a track event - passing in corners and not in designated passing zones, not giving enough space, etc.

I've participated in a few of them and haven't found any overly aggressive people. If anything, that describes normal highway drivers more than the track junkies that come out to these. What I've found is a lot of drivers have to work up their confidence in these events and most I've encountered are respectful. I have heard of incidents on some track days at Cayuga which were not necessarily hosted by touge which had some idiots wreck their cars.

Here's a 2019 video of Cayuga hosted by touge. The spacing of the cars show what is pretty typical for an event, people just trying to get a feel for their cars, the newer guys will sometimes follow the veterans to get a feel for the lines to follow, proper entry/exit of some turns etc, but you are free to just do your own run and most drivers can and do give that spacing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.