Anyone in the GTA (Toronto/York Region) have recommendations for a shop to paint a 1981 C3? It has original (oil base) Dark Blue Metallic on it.
Hi...depends on the quality you're looking for. I've dealt with a family run body shop in Pickering for 20+ years...a good friend of mine originally recommended them & has known them closer to 30. I've had my C3, C5 and recently C7 when I scraped the lower rocker panel on a curb, painted there amongst other vehicles. It's very good, not auto show quality...but about half the price of other mainstream body shops. Highly recommended from my standpoint. If you're interested, shop is Mo's Auto Restoration:

Good luck!

Hi...depends on the quality you're looking for. I've dealt with a family run body shop in Pickering for 20+ years...a good friend of mine originally recommended them & has known them closer to 30. I've had my C3, C5 and recently C7 when I scraped the lower rocker panel on a curb, painted there amongst other vehicles. It's very good, not auto show quality...but about half the price of other mainstream body shops. Highly recommended from my standpoint. If you're interested, shop is Mo's Auto Restoration:

Good luck!
Thanks very much for the lead! I’ll check them out. I’m not looking to put the car in shows, but since I plan to keep it for a number of years, I am looking for a quality job that will last.
Thanks again for the lead! 🙏🏻

Thanks very much for the lead! I’ll check them out. I’m not looking to put the car in shows, but since I plan to keep it for a number of years, I am looking for a quality job that will last.
Thanks again for the lead! 🙏🏻
Hi...it will definitely last...they're a good quality shop. I have a friend who restored a 60's Charger and he paid 3x what I did for a full paint job because he wanted a flawless finish that he could enter into competitions with. My sports cars have always been daily drivers, although I look after them to keep them looking like new. My 78 and 98 were both 21 years old when I sold them, and they still looked like new inside & out. I just wax them once a year with an electric buffer. Anyway, you won't be disappointed with Mo's...as I said it's a family run business in its 2nd generation now, and they get a lot of personal referrals because of their honesty, quality and very reasonable prices. If you decide to contact Laurrell there at the number listed on the website, feel free to tell him Robert Hinz referred you...I guarantee they'll look after you. Best of luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.