MD501

Casual User
Feb 10, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 corvette Z06
Province
AB
has anyone painted their supercharger covers to match their car? any heat issues if so?
Screenshot_20190302-210654_Google.jpg

MD501.....I don't have a supercharger but I did have my C7 engine cover painted about a year ago to match the body color and temp has remained constant. I have also painted the engine cover on my 02 Tbird 16 years ago and never have had an overheating issue to this day. If you're into it, I say go for it.... For years there have been plenty of sites that have offered painted engine covers, Im pretty sure if overheating issues have been occurring, news would have travelled via the net.

I’m looking at a carbon fibre finished one. I agree the custom painted ones on the C7 Z06s look great.
I think GM could have done a bit better with the look of this out of the box.
This is a really attractive mod. Doubt heat would be an issue but a good question to ask 👍
well you know how warranty goes.....if they can point the finger at any mod they would.

MD501.....I don't have a supercharger but I did have my C7 engine cover painted about a year ago to match the body color and temp has remained constant. I have also painted the engine cover on my 02 Tbird 16 years ago and never have had an overheating issue to this day. If you're into it, I say go for it.... For years there have been plenty of sites that have offered painted engine covers, Im pretty sure if overheating issues have been occurring, news would have travelled via the net.
good point.....thanks

Reactions: ccltj and Bixter44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.