Jun 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Corvette
Province
ON
My 2023 C8 Corvette has paint peeling around the left headlight. Car has about 2000 km.

Attachments

• IMG_4540.jpeg
    IMG_4540.jpeg
    637 KB · Views: 321
  • Wow
Reactions: Bunny hop
I believe this is happened to other people, how long does the repair take?
The car has PPF on everything from the windshield forward. I believe this front bumper PPF will have to be removed for any work to be done.
I’m not sure who pays for this to be replaced, I didn’t have it installed at the dealership, so I’m guessing I will have to pay for this to be replaced.

Way more than 3-5 on the US forums and C8 Facebook. My friend just got his 2023 3 weeks ago and has the same issue. Technical Service Bulletin:

Bulletin No.: 22-NA-081Date: April, 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Devil
Way more than 3-5 on the US forums and C8 Facebook. My friend just got his 2023 3 weeks ago and has the same issue. Technical Service Bulletin:

Bulletin No.: 22-NA-081Date: April, 2022
Thanks sooo much for helping me with this, at first the dealership said I hit something, after I showed them pictures of other cars and agreed to do the repair under warranty.
I was told its my responsibility to remove & replacement of the ppf @ $1300 to me

Thanks sooo much for helping me with this, at first the dealership said I hit something, after I showed them pictures of other cars and agreed to do the repair under warranty.
I was told its my responsibility to remove & replacement of the ppf @ $1300 to me
I would make them pay , to replace PPF or at least make them re-install it. Small claims court threat works pretty well, usually.

Reactions: vintageracer
I’m a retired GM mechanic and should’ve known better and check the clearance around the headlight to the body panels. I don’t know there was a product service bulletin, if I did it would’ve been the first thing I did when I brought the car home in November.

I have taken GM, more than once, to S.C.C. and they settled out of court. Reputation is important to them. Hopefully this vehicle will be a problem. I know, no drag radials. 😮‍💨
You must not value your quality of life and your time if you are proud of going to court multiple times regardless of outcome.

I have taken GM, more than once, to S.C.C. and they settled out of court. Reputation is important to them. Hopefully this vehicle will be a problem. I know, no drag radials. 😮‍💨
I was just joking, but I'll say this. My time is far more valuable than anything I could take to SCC.

I was just joking, but I'll say this. My time is far more valuable than anything I could take to SCC.
I got that. I do not spend my days on end, going to SCC. In 65 years I had to do it 5 maybe 6 times. I bought a Gran Prix from GM and the guy said brake pads are not worn more than 40 %. One month later the pads on one wheel fell off.!!! So he said, not my problem. Applied SCC and when the papers came in for the court date , we settle out of court for the full amount , that it had cost me. The garage that did the work , had boosted the price on my receipt. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.