Jan 4, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Shelby 350
Province
QC
My 3lt C8 which was scheduled to arrive on March 26th finally showed up at the dealership on April 9th , no explanation for the delay. It was delivered to me on the following Wednesday April 14th . I took the car almost immediately to have the PPF installed . Under their lights they saw several scratches in the paint and overspray above the rear camera . I brought the car back to the dealer who reluctantly agreed to buff or compound all the areas that the ppf shop had indicated with yellow tape . My salesman‘s comment was for the price the shop charges for PPF they should repair the paint imperfections .

Attachments

• DFDA4CB7-EFCF-47DE-823E-FA0CD3C9FA9E.jpeg
    DFDA4CB7-EFCF-47DE-823E-FA0CD3C9FA9E.jpeg
    949.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 0B9DD907-CD21-41D1-9379-D836D4CBC7F8.jpeg
    0B9DD907-CD21-41D1-9379-D836D4CBC7F8.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 68
Wow, what a deflective response of ownership of the problem from a representative of the dealership that should have caught the flaws during the pre- delivery inspection in the first place, which I am sure you paid a fee for.
If it was not caught at the factory, then service during the pdi , or the cleanup guy would have seen it and failing that the sale rep. Who should do a final walk around outside/inside to ensure the car was flawless prior to delivery.
It sounds like many layers of incompetence and I would have a chat with the dealer principal clearly outlining this detail so he can make changes in their Quality process that is clearly not in line with GMs Quality objectives and note it on the survey from GM so they can tighten their quality process if in fact the factory screwed up, which they may not have.
Hopefully the car was not damaged in transit and the dealer did a repair trying th mask an issue. I think questions need to be asked.

JMO

Wow, what a deflective response of ownership of the problem from a representative of the dealership that should have caught the flaws during the pre- delivery inspection in the first place, which I am sure you paid a fee for.
If it was not caught at the factory, then service during the pdi , or the cleanup guy would have seen it and failing that the sale rep. Who should do a final walk around outside/inside to ensure the car was flawless prior to delivery.
It sounds like many layers of incompetence and I would have a chat with the dealer principal clearly outlining this detail so he can make changes in their Quality process that is clearly not in line with GMs Quality objectives and note it on the survey from GM so they can tighten their quality process if in fact the factory screwed up, which they may not have.
Hopefully the car was not damaged in transit and the dealer did a repair trying th mask an issue. I think questions need to be asked.

JMO
The service manager said the cars are painted by robots and mass produced so you shouldn’t expect perfection . Also his first reaction was you accepted the car almost a week ago . I am very unimpressed with the dealership and their pre delivery inspection , the salesman who directed me to the service department after telling me this wasn’t his department.

Well clearly this dealership is not one to deal with. Sounds like top to bottom “pass the buck” artists are at work here. What dealership was this? I think the Forum members should know.
If they do this with that magnitude of a purchase what else are they incompetent with if you are having a reoccurring service issue?
Unacceptable at any level. I would still have a firmer discussion with the dealer principal and now include a GM rep., As the dealership is faulting the factory and I given what Tadge is saying about their direction on the Quality front , they should be looking at this issue.
By the way your car is stunning, nice build.

Reactions: Johnny21C8
Well clearly this dealership is not one to deal with. Sounds like top to bottom “pass the buck” artists are at work here. What dealership was this? I think the Forum members should know.
If they do this with that magnitude of a purchase what else are they incompetent with if you are having a reoccurring service issue?
Unacceptable at any level. I would still have a firmer discussion with the dealer principal and now include a GM rep., As the dealership is faulting the factory and I given what Tadge is saying about their direction on the Quality front , they should be looking at this issue.
By the way your car is stunning, nice build.
Thank you .It’s a small dealership in Montréal , I have a deposit with them for a Z06 , I’m third on their list , so I’m afraid to rock the boat at this point . I did reach out to GM customer care , they were very apologetic and offered me a complimentary corvette jacket which has not arrived yet . I do plan on calling customer care back since it’s my impression this dealership does not do a proper prep before delivering the car which reflects badly on GM . Prior to this I had not purchased an American made car since 1979 except for my GT 350 I bought in 2019 . Furthermore when the service manager brought out the car after having left the car for a day to correct the imperfections I touched the area with the overspray and could still feel it although less than before . Had to wait while he brought the car back to his detailer .Also for your information the scratches were not visible in the sunlight , you could only see them under the bright lights at the PPF shop .

I get it, they kinda have you over a barrel if you ever want to get that Z06. Gotta know when to pick your battles, but still this is really not acceptable.
I would at least not give that Sales rep. Any good marks as he seems like an order taker flunky who cannot spell Quality Service. This could have been contained at the onset if he had done his job in the first place.
You know what, I care more about your car then the idiot who got the commission for doing nothing .
Gerrrrrrrrrr !

I get it, they kinda have you over a barrel if you ever want to get that Z06. Gotta know when to pick your battles, but still this is really not acceptable.
I would at least not give that Sales rep. Any good marks as he seems like an order taker flunky who cannot spell Quality Service. This could have been contained at the onset if he had done his job in the first place.
You know what, I care more about your car then the idiot who got the commission for doing nothing .
Gerrrrrrrrrr !
To top it off the salesman called me after i picked up the car from service to make sure I gave him a perfect score on the GM survey .

To top it off the salesman called me after i picked up the car from service to make sure I gave him a perfect score on the GM survey .

That in itself says it all about this salesman. Quality sales people know when they are good and do the job right, they do not worry about reviews because they know word of mouth is what matters.

Or the car was damaged at the dealership Or in transit. Would not be the first time. Had that happen to me 2x, so it is more common than you think. Maybe nothing to do with factory QC.

I think it was a shortfall with QC , besides the overspray and the scratches there were two tiny black spots at the front of the hood that had to be buffed or compounded to remove them . The scratches may have occurred during transit but the black spots for sure were from the factory .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread