Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
As the Title implies, this is one of my many mods that I have done since the car has been hibernating.
I tend to use the paddles a fair amount, and I don't know if it's just me, but I prefer to pull towards me to upshift, rather than using the paddle thumb button.
This mod was done by another member years ago, and I saved the PDF file just in case I ever wanted to do this, so it was time :D

This mod involved removing the airbag assembly from the steering wheel, removing the right paddle, and changing the wiring so it would reverse the paddle operation. The Left paddle was left unchanged, so now, the finger paddle on the right is used to upshift, the thumb on the right is used to downshift.
The left paddle is finger paddle to downshift, and thumb paddle to upshift.

Here is what the steering wheel paddle shifters now look like, after installing new paddle indicators.

paddleshifters_zps2b076a3b.jpg
[/IMG]

For those wanting the instructions on DIY, PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send you the PDF file
:canada:

Last edited:
Wow there's hope yet. I didn't realize it could be changed. I too don't like the OEM shifting pattern and it is the opposite of my present Taurus SHO and a Lex ISF of the past.
The indicators on the paddles are cool too.

C.

Another option for those who mislike the factory ones is the F1 style paddles which will upshift on the right and downshift on the left.

2006-2013 Corvette F1 Paddle Shift Module | Performance Shifters & Knobs | Corvette Parts and Accessories

ZIP sure charges alot for just changing 2 wires around :D
They do provide a new paddle though.
Since one will have to take the wheel apart to install the Zip paddle, save $170.00 and change the 2 wires on the existing right paddle.

Last edited:
For those of us with manual shifts, [g ].

Isn't it confusing that the pull/push are opposite depending whether you're
using the left or right shifter ??
Would have thought it more convenient to have 'push' giving the same result,
regardless of whether you're using the left or right shifter.
So.....whats the advantage of your set-up ?

Tony,
welland

For those of us with manual shifts, [g ].

Isn't it confusing that the pull/push are opposite depending whether you're
using the left or right shifter ??
Would have thought it more convenient to have 'push' giving the same result,
regardless of whether you're using the left or right shifter.
So.....whats the advantage of your set-up ?

Tony,
welland

Tony,

It's simply driver preference. For me, it's more natural to pull the paddle, than it is to use the thumb to push for upshifting.
I use the right shifter 99% of the time, and upshifting more than downshifting.
The thumb part just doesn't seem as efficient as pulling the paddle.
This however is just my opinion, hence why I made this mod.

I feel the same way. I've owned half a dozen paddle shifted autos and they were/are all pull to upshift and push to downshift. It feels so natural (to me) to do so.
The 'vette feels unnatural having to push to downshift.
I commented on this when I first bought the 'vette. It's nice to know it can be changed.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.